F1 fans only....:-)

Andy B":641qw8w1 said:
I reckon Brawn are gonna be on the podium in one of the first few races, judging by the blistering speed the car has
[/smug mode] ;)

I've just pinched my self. It's not a dream
:LOL:
But a nightmare.

At least Hamilton didn't win & those over rated red cars didn't get points :mrgreen:

Superb result – well deserved and richly earned by a team that fate said shouldn't even be on the grid :D

Did anyone else get all emotional when the national anthem played out?? Heard it all last year and never really though much about it – but seeing the passion in the eyes of Button and the team below the podium had me all choked up.

A fairytale story – A textbook exercise of quite literally snatching victory from the jaws of defeat

Blinding – congratulations guys :cool:

Crayons":1bijxytd said:
Did anyone else get all emotional when the national anthem played out?? Heard it all last year and never really though much about it – but seeing the passion in the eyes of Button and the team below the podium had me all choked up.

A fairytale story – A textbook exercise of quite literally snatching victory from the jaws of defeat

Blinding – congratulations guys :cool:

I just about managed it until Button drove down the pit lane. Engineers from every team came out and congratulated him as he drove past. Anyone who has worked in motor racing knows what those guys have been through over the last few months, the goodwill towards them was so heart warming and showed the human side of what can be a very clinical sport. I'm not ashamed to say I sobbed my bloody heart out for them.
A great day for motor racing.

Tricky one for Bernie this. If you notice, he runs F1 as if he was a soap producer, and it’s a well known fact that the best way to increase a soap audience is to adopt a story line that causes outrage by being unfair to someone who *we* know is completely innocent, while the guilty party gets off.

So normally there’d be no question here – the best way to cause sensation and outrage is for the Brawns to be disqualified when the appeal against their diffusers is held. But there’s a major problem about that – it would mean a McLaren winning! That’s not allowed. Especially with ‘him’ in it. OK, it would be sensational and outrageous, but a McLaren winning as a result of an appeal? No. No, really, no.

So what else could be done? Well, how about disqualifying Hamilton for unsportingly letting Trulli re-pass him, and thereby getting Trulli disqualified? After all, Slimey was being rude to the Stewards, because the only point in him letting Trulli re-pass him was that the Stewards usually disqualify him for anything/nothing. Being rude to the officials usually incurs a penalty doesn’t it? Just ask Wayne Rooney.

So I’m going to predict that in a fairy-tale finish Fernando Alonso will be declared the winner. And Buemi and Bourdais will be second and third.

Back