OT: trouble getting into Singletrackworld website

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I keep getting this warning at the top and not being able to use the site

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'gofar_gofar'@'216.180.225.130' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/apache-php/home/singletrackworld.com/htdocs/dbconnect.php on line 11.

Does this happen with anyone else? is there anything I can do.? I am a sad git working from home and need something for relaxation. Thanks

I'm a Sad Git Too!! STW is fairly hit and miss- looks like they've been 'intending' to migrate servers for a couple of decades now........
I'm still waiting for my authorisation code so I can add posts after a couple of weeks, so assume that any problem getting on to the site is at their server end.

Cheers,
Dav

PS- Bloody Nice out today in NY!!!

Lysander":1dw5hxc7 said:
PS- Bloody Nice out today in NY!!!

Too right!! I shall take a meander later through the woods just off the end of my garden, the Wolds Way runs along the back of my house and there is a hill in the woods that feels almost vertical.

Alison

STW is doing that because I am desparate to get on there and sell some stuff :cry:

Fantastic day in Aberdeen - so fantastic that I will be leaving early and riding - YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA :p

messiah":tg93b7ha said:
STW is doing that because I am desparate to get on there and sell some stuff :cry:

You don't happen to be trying to sell an 8 speed front mech 31.8 bottom pull and swing do you

Seems to be back now.

I often think they have their focus wrong. Since Sean 'left', the impression seems to be that the website is just a pain in the arse for them. The problem is (IMO) the website feeds the mag, not the other way round.

Isaac_AG":2z941g9w said:
messiah":2z941g9w said:

You don't happen to be trying to sell an 8 speed front mech 31.8 bottom pull and swing do you

Unfortunately not :roll:

yup, me too, quite a lot recently too. Too many users it says. That's the price of being popular :). Pain in the proverbial. I think and go away for a few hours.

They're having problems that they simply shouldn't be having - by which I mean they should migrate to an off-the-shelf, scalable architecture. I'd agree that they're focusing on the wrong things - STW website has far more visitors and the potential to generate far higher advertising revenues than STW magazine - as well as pushing people toward the magazine. Instead they're alienating themselves from their (to date) devoted audience and creating a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. It's a testament to the strength of their brand that they've been able to survive this far.

Back