IT LIVES!! Rebuilt Orange E4

Re: Orange

Wold Ranger":3lhtxp2o said:
Current range its £50 extra to order? :? Weird or what?

Your not wrong. You'd have thought it was an obvious choice for a stock colour. :?

Orange

To be totally honest, much as I love Orange bikes, I feel they have let themselves down really badly with the paint on their frames for 10 yeears now. They have an odd flurry, with the nice Yellow they put on the Gringo and a Matt Plum they did on the evo 2 and the current Blue on the Diva 5 is nice, but the dull silver, apple green and shiney black? A nice Orange/red fade or that Mango/Orange on the E4 would be much more imaginative and sell more frames and bikes.

I'll get the frame no on monday when i get into work, the guy had the rockshox fitted in 99 along with the xt cranks he also has the original hotrod handlebars as well :D is it poss to get the frame stickers that are on the seatube?.

On the seat tube there should be an Easton Elite tubing decal and an AAD (Animal Assisted Design) decal are the ones on yours not in good nick?

it has 3 stickers 2 at the top end and 1 under the bottle cage, i going to get the frame stripped to repaint(as i'm a spayer by trade) and was hoping to replace the stickers but if they are not available i will have to mask them.

Give Orange a ring and see if they have any. Alternatively, get some reasonable photos of them and then PM Gil_M on here. He makes decals for loads of folks. ;)

I can take some of the ones on my frame if that would help, along with the "E4" decal off the top tube.

You may be able to remove the originals by warming them with a hair dryer (or very carefully with a heat gun), but take the photos first! ;)

The original finish is powder-coat by the way.

Lookin at your frame, it appears to have different dropouts and chain-stays to mine. It would be interesting to find the age from the frame number.

Re: Orange

Wold Ranger":d5hhaju3 said:
To be totally honest, much as I love Orange bikes, I feel they have let themselves down really badly with the paint on their frames for 10 yeears now. They have an odd flurry, with the nice Yellow they put on the Gringo and a Matt Plum they did on the evo 2 and the current Blue on the Diva 5 is nice, but the dull silver, apple green and shiney black? A nice Orange/red fade or that Mango/Orange on the E4 would be much more imaginative and sell more frames and bikes.

:?

Hmm.. Orange are the only mainstream manufacturer who will offer a whole range of custom colours. Thats pretty damn good if you ask me. My five is a custom colour and was well and truely worth the extra! They definitely don't let themselves down!

ORANGE

Well they did let themselves down with me last spring, I wanted a P7 in Orange or Green and couldn't get one off the shelf anywhere, only Black. I asked at two local area main dealers, on how long to get one in a custom colour and the dealer was told 6 to 7 months if he was lucky! Needless to say I bought something else!
I understand that dealers have to place orders a long way in front, which can be a problem if they sold the only small of that line in the shop and have to wait 6 months for another to please a customer, when other brands can be had in just sub 7 days. At the end of the day the dealer needs sales. I feel just a decent livery across the range without loads of custom colours would be better, unless they can speed up turnaround.

Orange E4 Easton Elite Aluminium hardtail

I have also got an E4 Easton Elite with Manitou Spyder TPC forks in the original orange colour of the frame. I think the frame No. is A1100048. Were there really only 200 made?

I had one of these only the frame, and it was a polished version...very light and sold it on ebay, fool!

Corking bike that.

Back