It's a Helmet Question

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I went to the doctors' this morning to ask about a few things, (although none were sewage related thankfully).

The first medic wasn't sure what it was and went to get help. After a bit of discussion, the second doctor said, "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is we have decided to name a disease after you..."

A slight exaggeration I will confess but they think I have 'Spring Eruption'. Ooh nasty.

The result is I have to wear a comedy hat. I mentioned cycling to the doctor, and one of them (a keen rider himself) said I must ditch the helmet and use a sort of David Gower headwear instead.

In the past, last year even, the lack of helmet on the road bike would not of worried me. Since the twins have experienced a surge of cycling interest, I am trying to set them a worthy example. Added to this the tragic (and avoidable?) death of that actress, I have been wearing one lately.

Can anyone suggest anything? I don't want a warm hat. Something thin, able to fit under the helmet and that doesn't make me look a dick! Too late I hear may cry!

I have tried my much loved Bula headband, but to cover my frazzled lugholes, I have to tie it over my eyes. Not good!

how about a thin headband thing ? ive seen ladies wearing them to keep their hair back

and for those wondering what it is . manky ears for juveniles ( google search :LOL: )

In winter I wear a tight fitting thinsulate beanie under my helmet to keep my bald heed warm - would that do the trick?

perry":2q0o4n93 said:
and for those wondering what it is . manky ears for juveniles ( google search :LOL: )

Yeah, weird stuff. Apparently young boys with sticky out ears are most prone and even then it isn't common. I've always been proud of my ears. I could have been an 'ear model' if there was any call for such things. The website suggested growing your hair to cover the ears!

Go to a roadie bike shop (cross your fingers and dock your forelock as you go in)

Ask for a skullcap.

It's a thin fleece "hat" that fits snugly over your noggin, like a swimming cap. Get one with ear flaps (most have them) that you can fold down really easily over your lugholes, and flick back up when they warm up.

It'll be the best £10 you spend

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back