Oft mentioned, never seen Airborne Black Widow 2006

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Not sure of the exact year but, this was a birthday present from the GF (aint she nice!).

Rarely out as I've never found a right ride height with that stupid suspenion specific frame design crap.

Anyway, after being lent a decent fork pump from Iwasgoodonce, the Manitous arent naff, they're ok and ready to rock n roll...

Frame: Airborne Black Widow titanium 2005/6 ish (now sold as Van Nicholas Zion)
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/images/ProductImages/fullsize/09VNicholasTaureg29erframe.jpg

forks: Manitou Mars (very light)

Wheels: self built Chris King onto random Mavic

Headset: CK No Thread

Rear mech: current XTR

Front mech: self build hybrid made out whatever fitted.

Shifters: Deore LX

Stem/ bars: trusty Azonic Shorty, Easton EA50

Cranks: Topline Compact Drive - thicker arms than the older type, less prone to going 'ping'...

Brakes: Original 1st generation XT/Grimeca twin pots - very light and good at stopping. Need pumping when cold.

Any suggestion welcome - Im thinking Thomson s/post, stem/ bars to finish

Attachments

• black widow 1.jpg
    black widow 1.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 3,386
  • black widow 2.jpg
    black widow 2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 3,386
that yoke looks weird and a bugger to clean

id hazard a guess the front rim is a d521

jerky might be after a shorty if you do go for thompson

I had one of these for a few years. Ran Thomson stem / seatpost with Easton Monkeylite carbon bars. Really nice bike but fairly stiff because of the tube shape. I found out how stiff it had been when I transferred the components over to my Moots Rigormootis which was a much more forgiving ride. Cool bike you have there though.

Just one thing, that stem of yours has got to go! :D It doesn't suit the frame at all.

:D

Back