2008/9 Genesis Altitude 30

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
With the proliferation of modern rides in this section, and the fact that I'm currently unable to build old bikes due to space issues - here is my most recent purchase, completed just before Christmas and actually ridden a fair bit since :)

Frame: 2008 Genesis Altitude 30 - 853 Steel

Fork: 2009 Rock Shox REBA Race

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Genesis
Handlebar: Genesis
Grips: ODI Rogue

Brakes: Shimano SLX

Shifters: Shimano SLX
Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX Shadow
Cassette: HG-80
Chain: HG-93
Cranks: Shimano SLX
Pedals: Shimano XTR

Wheels: 2009 Mavic Crossride
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke/Dart re-issue's

Saddle: Genesis
Seatpost: Genesis
Seatpost Binder: Genesis

Weight: 26lb

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

Very nice, nice to see more simple steel bikes which aren't that much different than the old days :D

Smart, very smart, nice to se it next to the old Kona, how things have changed even with a similar brief. Bet it can handle the rough stuff a bit, and a respectable weight, my retro is more than that!

Its great to see peoples 'new' bikes, loads of us seem retro at heart so good to see what people have chosen.

hello my bro you cant beat those genesis altitude's in 853 the ride so sweet its unreal  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: is yours the 853 stays as well i thnk the 20 was main tubes and the 30 was 853 thoughout cool beans  :cool:

cannondale king":1cmzgm8t said:
hello my bro you cant beat those genesis altitude's in 853 the ride so sweet its unreal  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: is yours the 853 stays as well i thnk the 20 was main tubes and the 30 was 853 thoughout cool beans  :cool:

30 and 20 are the same frame, both with butted cro-mo rear stays. The differance between the bikes is purely spec and paint.

i was talking to the madison genesis rep today as he comes round on the 07 run of altitude 853 frames they used 853 stays as well as maintubes bloody cool frames they only changed on the 08/09 frames for some stange (cost saving) reason

Back