Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

I am thinking about buying one of those bankrupt Saracen frames off Ebay.
I know a couple of you have bought them and i wondered what his szing was like? Are they 19" centre to centre or centre to top? Also what is the matt black finish like, does it need an immediate respray? Thanks for any help.

Gravy Monster":3cn3alyf said:
Does anyone have any info on the early estay box framed Saracen.

Does anyone own one ??

I would love to see one of these puppys

Saracen Conquest.......It was 7005 Series aluminium, had Wolber rims, 2nd Generation Magura Hydrostops, the first Marzocchi suspension, black Biopace LX chainset, XT mechs, Selle gel saddle (saracen branded), obligatory 'rudder' sized Saracen stem. Came out in 1991 and was their flagship bike that year, pitched above the Kili Flyer of that year (also box section)

Have you seen this >>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=conquest

Like rocking horse shit ;)

neilll":3kzh11h7 said:
Like rocking horse shit ;)

Neilll, Thanks for this info very helpful, Why is there so little info on these early beasts, if you google it you just go round full circles to retrobike :LOL:

I may have stumbled on some Rocking horse shit then ;)

Seatpost

Can anyone tell me what diameter seatpost is in an e-stay Killiflyer please as the frame I,ve got has been "adjusted" to suit a smaller one and \I dont want to go down the same sad road .cheers Dave

I just thought I would share my new project right here first at ESLA :cool:

Ive been like a kid a at christmas looking forward to getting this frame, It got delivered on Monday it looked so tidy and no dents but upon further inspection noticed it had 2 cracks in the headtube :x I have had it repaired today by a good friend of mine who welds racing cars and trucks. I am going to have to trial it and see how it goes but if it can bring it some new life resullt :D

Anyway, I think its 1992 in age and possibly a Kili elite, It has the loveley box section tubing. I will be collecting parts and building it up as soon as I can.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on items for the build then fire away, Forks are my main dilema.

I will post a thread in readers bikes soon.

CopyofMarch2009001.jpg

CopyofMarch2009002.jpg

March2009005.jpg

March2009014.jpg

As a suggestion as what to do with it you could give it to me ? ;) but seriously looks good and your friend seems to have done a very nice job.

Wow !
I like it a lot. Would it be worth welding some strengthening rings top and bottom of head tube to prevent same happening again?
A bit awkward but possibly worth it.

Nice...much stronger looking frame than the '91 models, particularly the dropouts. Look forward to the build ;)

Just got back from picking up the bike discussed here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55409

Its pretty battered and needs a new paint job. The alignment of the rear triangle needs a bit of a tweak as well (there is damage to the seatstays that may need professional attention).

frame number reads as 2 lines: C01, then below that 1060. Anyone know much about saracen frame numbers?

Its going to take a while, but it'll be worth it. I'll post some pics up on the weekend. :D

Back