1999 Zaskar

biggins

Retro Guru
Here is my current ride my 1999 Zaskar. It has a mix of 99 XT, XTR, Specialized group set and 99 SID XC

The story is quite long so a brief summary: First bike was a 1990 Saracen Tuff Trax (in pink). That was upgraded with 93 XT groupset until the frame was replaced with an elevated chain stay Saracen Killi Racer (Recently seen on a forum very near here as my brother now has it). in 95 bought a Zaskar LE. Spec was 93 XT shifters, rear mech and hubs (the ones with the grease port in the bearing covers), XTR front mech, Fir Impese Rim with snow flaked spokes, Middleburn RS1 Cranks, Pace Chain Rings, X-Lite seat post, Onza Titanium clipless pedals, Onza brakes, Judy SLs and other bits. Unfortunately this was stolen from the back of my car in 1999. The car was in casulty car park whilst I was inside casulty!!! Insurance money meant a Specialized Stumpy FSR pro. 2001 brought along kids and the need for a bike seat, change frame to the 1999 Zaskar. Hence the specialized gear on the GT!! Anyway, I have got a photo of the old Zaskar somewhere with rigid forks, I must dig it out and scan it.

Attachments

• Zaskar.jpg
    Zaskar.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,308
Back