Mmmmm...interesting

Interesting.

You'd have to be a hardcore Fat fan to do a buy it now. That's 10th anniversary and ti money...

Personally I favour an eighties FAT over a 10th. It is light and I do not like the paint. Do not know whether to favour an 80s over an early Ti, like them both

aside from the ti headbadge & stainless steel dropouts. Yo eddys made after the 10th, were essentially using the sametube set as the 10th.

I heard later Yo and Wicked Lite tubing is based on the 10th's tubing, but why is it there a riders weight limit for the 10th?

....and why is it I even see more rusted through 10th's than Yo's?

I am wondering and it would be nice if this can be clearified.

Cant really compare rusted through bikes. You've no idea what any particular bike has been through! Old FATs (even yetis & various others) didnt have breather holes in the BB area, obviously hence the rust. You cant take the few 10th with rusted through seatubes as an accurate cross section of all 10ths.. I've seen more NOS unused 10ths than I have with killer rust (& I wish I'd bid on the frameset that only made £272 on ebay.de a few years back).

Time ticks on & unfortunately in a lot of retro cases, I dont think you'll be able to get total clarification.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
272 is indeed not much....

You're right. It can be it was just a coincedence and that I have now seen all rusted 10th's :D

10th owners who've let them get in such a state should be lined up & shot ;)

early yeti FROs were v. rust susceptible, those suckas were 6lb frames (believe me I know) & they've still rusted through..

Back