F1 fans only....:-)

At Last!

Back on the BBC where it belongs!

And we have SLICKS back! I must say some of the rule changes are brilliant and should have been done years ago.

If you think back to the excellent on the g/box action of senna n prost, those cars had bags of mechanical grip and not so much aero, enabling cars to run close and overtake.

Lets hope these new changes increase mechanical grip enough and reduce aero enough to have some close action and sort out the men from the boys in F1 :cool: :D

Kubica for the title, Raikonen, Massa and Vettel to have strong seasons too. Don't think Hamilton will be on the pace.

I got odds of 8-1 on Kubica at the end of last season so I put £100 on him, a pretty safe bet me thinks. Please please please can we have Vettel in a Ferarri next season!!!

Looking forward to the new season, but arn't the cars fecking ugly??

The ACO changed the regs on the aero package in endurance racing at the end of last season and the cars still look great- come on FIA, smell the coffee!

Did anyone catch 12hours of Sebring on Motors TV over the weekend?? What a race, there was never more than 30 seconds between the first three for hours. Seven hours in the fisrt two cars ran for 2 further hours within 2 seconds of each other. There were some great class battles throughout the race and eventually Audi won by just 22 seconds after 12 flat-out hours. Now thats motor racing Bernie! The sap is rising for Le mans in June :LOL: :LOL:

Si

Should be a good one this year - my tip is for Vettel to do some damage, he looked so naturally fast last year in a comparatively slow car. I wouldn't like to pick someone for the title though!

People are crying about Ross Brawn because he's boss of a team and also, I believe, technical director of the FIA!!! He gets to know what rules can be bent or at least the best way to interpret them, personally I think he's a flipping genius...

Looking forward to this one – Not a betting man, but I'm going to side with Button to be on the podium in the first race. Honda were developing that car from the beginning of last season – even if you take the fiasco of their pulling out and the disruption it caused into account it's still little wonder they've stolen a march on some of the larger teams that had to develop last years car for the championship. Just hope the lack of money doesn't ham-string them before they can get some decent sponsorship.

Quite telling how the lack of experience within the current McLaren driver lineup has lead to difficulties developing their car during pre-season testing – this is a season for the old hands to step up.

Should be a fantastic first race

Still wish they'd introduce an automated sprinkler system at the tracks (for that element of unpredictability :LOL: )

Oh....and who's getting up at 5am to watch the first race?
I plan to but am having a wine-tasting ( :roll: ) evening the night before.

I'm getting up to watch Friday practice! Just to hear the "tune" :D

Remeber the days of Thursday practice?

A good few years ago we used to watch the live feed channels on the old motorised analouge satelite (along with news feeds which was funny, reporters doing make up etc)

oh, you can also watch live online now!

Australian Grand Prix
Melbourne, 27-29 March 2009

Friday 27

First practice: 1230-1400 ( 0130-0300 GMT)
BBC coverage (UK): 0125-0305, Red Button/5 Live sports extra/online

Second practice: 1630-1800 ( 0530-0700 GMT)
BBC coverage (UK): 0525-0705, Red Button/5 Live sports extra/online

Saturday 28
Third practice: 1400-1500 ( 0300-0400 GMT)
BBC coverage (UK): 0255-0405, Red Button/5 Live sports extra/online
Qualifying: 1700 ( 0600 GMT)
BBC coverage (UK): 0500-0715, BBC One/Red Button/5 Live sports extra/online. Re-run: 1300-1415, BBC One

Sunday 29
Race: 1700 ( 0700 BST)
BBC coverage (UK): 0600-0900, BBC One/Red Button/5 Live/online.
Interactive forum on red button/online: 0900-1000.
Re-run: 1300-1500, BBC One/BBC Red Button/online.
Highlights: 1900-2000, BBC Three/Red Button/online

F1 fans will be able to customise their viewing experience through the BBC's multi-platform offering with options such as: split-screen action; a live leaderboard; in-car cameras; choice of commentary; live online streaming; live text; interactive forums; circuit guides; and blogs.

Back