todays ride

perry

Retrobike Rider
after yesterdays awesome ride where i deviated form my usual canal path - puncture - walk home i ventured just off the canal path onto the reservoir . rode around that a few times and went on a path i spotted on google earth

was a wicked path , all uphill . ended along a road that leads pretty close to the house

so today i started from the road ready to blast it downhill

bugger , didnt see that yesterday when going the other way :cry:

00004.jpg

spent a long time wondering if i should go for it anyway , finally deciding not to as there might be an angry farmer waiting at the farm near the bottom :(

there was a public footpath sign just before the private sign . i hoped it would be nearly as good

00003.jpg

however at the end of the woods and across some fields it leads back to a road :(

i head back home and instead to the canal path , there was a path opposite the entrance to the reservoir i wanted to try

this is what the canal path looks like

00005.jpg

lots of wind today and the stuff on top of the water had gathered into one place

00006.jpg

this is the path opposite the reservoir . i stood in the middle of the road to get that pic :LOL:

00007.jpg

lots of steady uphill

00008.jpg

at the top i could see the canal

00009.jpg

just on the right is where the bench was . i had a choice of where to go from here

00010.jpg

straight over ? looks like it hasnt seen any action in a while

00011.jpg

down ? i had a good feeling it went to the canal

00012.jpg

i went up

00013.jpg

this track went very far and was muddy :LOL:

00014.jpg

it just kept going up and up

00015.jpg

of course i pushed all of this going up :LOL:

00016.jpg

00017.jpg

still going :LOL:

00018.jpg

00019.jpg

by now ive crossed a road or 2

00020.jpg

no idea where i am now :LOL:

00021.jpg

00022.jpg

i reach some really interesting uphill now . coming back down this on a rigid was amazing , i had to stop halfway as my arms were too pumped up :LOL: i rimmed the front at least once . this bit coming back down was amazing :cool:

00023.jpg

00024.jpg

bugger , ive ran out of county :LOL:

00025.jpg

i rode all the way back down , even through all the bottom bracket deep mud and ruts . had to dab a couple times when the front wheel would try to climb out the side of a rut and i came to a stop when the front wheel dug in and i dabbed a foot . the path going down did lead to the canal and i mustave looked strange to the couple walking their dog :LOL: batteries in the camera ran out :( next time im going to see where a few of the paths leading off go

you seem to like the ups as much as the downs! good to see some pics of a ride too!

yeah ive lived in lincs for 4 years and i miss a good uphill

the ups are as fun as the downs

ill be going for a lower gear soon and hopefully itl dry . i think getting to the top of that is my new challenge . its difficult to pedal in the ruts so im not sure if ill ever manage it but ill give it a damn good go

it was about time i got some riding pics , i had to endure having the camera in my pocket though as i never ride with a bag

Nice route and it looked like the sun came out once or twice for you. :D Pity about the deep ruts but you might be able to get around the edges and only suffer a few scratches and grazes! :LOL: When that lot dries you'll get up it OK.

Haven't you got an OS map of the area yet Perry?

ive been cross referencing some routes on bikely ( fook all detail ) with google earth so i have a vague idea of where to go

would an OS map have all the bridle/public rights of way ?

can i find it online ?

havnt managed to get a loop yet . imagine the canal path being a straight horizontal and this starts by coming off it , going alongside then vertically . i need to join the 2 together nice and far from the house so i dont have to stop and turn around . be really nice to have a lap

i havnt bothered looking where i ended up yet :LOL:

ive been looking it over and ive worked out a loop but half is road . it does leave me with a nice long downhill though

the pic with the Leicestershire sign is only where i decided to stop and turn around . over the road the track carries on but i wasnt sure if it was another private road only leading to a farm but after looking at google earth and streetmap i can go along the road where i started , go past the private road and join the track further along , thatl then take me straight down to the canal path . nice and easy . either along the road and downhill or uphill then end along the road

the track is called viking way and it passes fanny wood :LOL: the bit of good downhill is big wood

Back