help needed with latest project Orange X1

retrobloke

Dirt Disciple
Doh went on Ebay could not resist orange x1 (frame). Can anyone help with specs, i need to know the eye to eye measurement and stroke for rear shock (better still a model and make). I have my eye on some Judys with 72mm travel, would this be OK for this frame and shock combo. Any advice woud be very welcome.

That'll be me then! :D

I'll get some measurements for you asap. Bear in mind, mine's the Large frame (if that makes any difference). I have a StrataShock on mine (on the rear) since new (1996) with remote lockout and adjustable compression/rebound damping. I'll check eye->eye later when I'm home. I love mine - never felt the need for another bike in 10 years until I got the Proflex bug last year...and then I found this site...and then, well, let's say the bikes have increased as the bank balance has correspondingly decreased! :D PM me if you want specific details. What colour frame have you got? What colour rear triangle? I have the chrome frame with orange rear triangle.

OK, just got back. Eye to eye is 165mm, stroke is 1.5" (gives about 3.5-4" travel). On the front I had Marzocchi XC51's originally (my choice, as I bought the X1 as a frame only), now I have some Marzocchi XC600's. I've got a brochure from the time as a pdf if you want it - it tells you what rear shocks were specced etc. Let me have your email and I'll send it over. Let me know also what other dimensions you need ;)

for orange71

Hi
Thanks for speedy reply with helpful info. The frame is chrome and orange and probably a medium. I am doing this project alongside a Muddy fox Interactive. I got the front triangle 14 months ago and only just got a swingarm 3 weeks ago. If you could send any other info to 5weir@blueyonder.co.uk, I would be grateful. Do you think 72mm will be enough for front travel ?
Neil

Yes

pres_simon_bates.jpg

:LOL:

That was quick, are you running google images on another tab? ;)

Or more worrying was that saved in your computer :shock:

Back