What is better than a C'dale SM1000 ?

should be a SM2000…
I have drawn the pepperoni decals if you need…

1991, is the first year C'dale wrote their name on the diagonal tube.
I prefered when it was on the horizontal…

The Pepperoni is a bit dodgy. But nothing bad… until you are seating on it :LOL:

I bought the frame in bad contition as a 92/93 model. Now it's fresh painted an i prefer the decals only on the one tube ;) , so it looks cleaner .

24pouces":jmxjcl08 said:
The Pepperoni is a bit dodgy. But nothing bad… until you are seating on it :LOL:

wasn't there a recall from Cannondale BITD? something to do with steerers? (I read it on here recently)

Great cannondales :D

The SM1000 rides great for an aluminum bike; my wife has a 1993 in nos like condition- I need to post it up one day.

wasn't there a recall from Cannondale BITD? something to do with steerers?

The first 1.25in ones (1992?) were recalled. The problem with the 1in 3.0series was the headtubes falling off, not the fork failing ;-)

MikeD":2n3nkek3 said:

The first 1.25in ones (1992?) were recalled. The problem with the 1in 3.0series was the headtubes falling off, not the fork failing ;-)

Oh, that's all...phew

:LOL:

MikeD":qklwumcg said:

The 1" steerer of the pepperoni is made off steel. In 1992, When Cannondale built their bike with a 1"1/8, the steerer was made of aluminum, as the mission control fork of the klein. Perhaps, the aluminum wasn't strong enough. I don't know.

A question about the SE pedersen :
the brake moving has to go in the same direction of the wheel revolution or again ? Actually, when I use the rear brake, the cantilever is moving away the frame and against the rim rotation. But someone has wrote to me that I mounted the rear brake front and the front rear :LOL:
When I have a look on firstflight bikes, perhaps I'm in the wrong…

Who know how to mount these brakes ?

Back