The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ape":xl8qil1l said:
Hi ok going to try with a photo this time lol as I really need to know. Does anybody have any idea what my front Hed wheel is worth, I dont think the hub is anything special but am more interested in the rim, the reason I ask is I need to decide if to keep it or sell it, if its worth a lot I'll more than likely just sell and get some other wheels where as if its not going to cost me loads for another I'll keep looking and get a rear to match. Any ideas anybody?.

DSC00557.jpg

I just witness a set sold on ebay with Deore LX hubs for around $400 USD. Single ones would perhaps sell for less than half that total, but like most vintage/retro items, it's all about condition condition condition.

It's worth more than the frame you have it mounted to ;)

Lol I know its worth more than the frame mounted to it, and so are the cooks cranks. Any idea on price for single wheel in pound coins? :?

ape":23bxus70 said:
Lol I know its worth more than the frame mounted to it, and so are the cooks cranks. Any idea on price for single wheel in pound coins? :?

Stick it on ebay for £0.99 start and let it ride - offer worldwide shipping for max £££s

clockworkgazz":27yydtkl said:
Thinking of saying goodbye to the gary fisher prometheus- it was my commuter but I stripped her for parts in the winter and now have another work bike. The frame is very rare but is also repaired (twice now) so really unsure what it is worth? Any ideas?

here is a thread with some pictures.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... prometheus

Titanium is a bit of a magic word on ebay- the frame will go about $250 usd, but hard to say where...for two reasons:

1. Those GF frames rarely come up for auction/sale so hard to gauge

2. The damage is quite unsightly

Make sure to give the frame a good write up with a detailed historical significance, then set a high reserve the first go around to get an idea of what it will go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back