Time Pedal Question.

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Are Time like Look and Shimano? What I mean is, have their cleats design changed over the years? If I buy an old pair of pedals somewhere, will a new set of cleats work with them.

Thanks.

Iwasgoodonce":8541ox71 said:
Are Time like Look and Shimano? What I mean is, have their cleats design changed over the years? If I buy an old pair of pedals somewhere, will a new set of cleats work with them.

Thanks.

The different set of Time ATAC pedals I have all use the same cleat...years range from 1996 to 1999.

Don't know if that helps, and I'm by no means an expert.

Time road pedals cleats have changed completely over the years. The old 2 part cleats from the 80's to mid 90's required shoes with 4 holes unlike the 3 bolt Look style cleats. I have a feeling the two newer types of pedals (Impact and RXS) use the same cleat but I'm not certain having never owned those pedals.

paul_tea":yi89jj3k said:
Time road pedals cleats have changed completely over the years. The old 2 part cleats from the 80's to mid 90's required shoes with 4 holes unlike the 3 bolt Look style cleats. I have a feeling the two newer types of pedals (Impact and RXS) use the same cleat but I'm not certain having never owned those pedals.

Thanks for that Paul. I am trying to settle on one sort of pedal. It has always been Looks but I think although Time are a real pain to get into, my knees have been less sore. I will look out for a newer pair.

GoldenEraMTB":5gcgqq1r said:
sorry :oops:

didn't realize this was in the "road" forum...took a wrong turn somewhere...exiting promptly.

Nooooo! Come Back!!

and
I've a box of assorted pairs of time/shimano pedals you can have for postage costs

reminds me of auntie wainwrights shop. "Please come in, i'm sure there's something I can sell you" :LOL:

pigman":2y4yo2ht said:
GoldenEraMTB":2y4yo2ht said:
sorry :oops:

didn't realize this was in the "road" forum...took a wrong turn somewhere...exiting promptly.

Nooooo! Come Back!!

and
I've a box of assorted pairs of time/shimano pedals you can have for postage costs

reminds me of auntie wainwrights shop. "Please come in, i'm sure there's something I can sell you" :LOL:

Except 'postage costs', not 'I will sell you them for cash' - its a bit different.

Back