Tech Spec Req..

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Reckon we could get a Frame Geomtry repository on RB? Have wanted to post a "what size is a blah blah on my fang fan etc. etc." in the past.. Just a bit hesitant to do so.. :oops:

I was thinking a search by Mfr > Year > Model etc.? Maybe from the catalogue tech spec page etc.?

Anyways, I was after a full geometry/sizing spec on my M/L 95 Fat Yo! so I can check lengths/widths/diameters and start hoarding parts :twisted:

Strangely couldn't find anything on FatCogs [when it was up].. :roll:

Hi Kingroon,

Check the catalogues on www.mtb-kataloge.de

There are indeed no sheets available on FatCogs.com, but pretty sure you get a lead or details within a blink of the eye if you ask for them.

135mm rear spacing
29,4 post
31,8 mech
68 bb housing

- Melvin

Sorry Kingroon, best i can do is a spec sheet for a '94 Yo, any good?

Attachments

• Scan1000412.jpg
    Scan1000412.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,343
Melvin, that's perfect, cheers mate ;)

29.4mm, that was what I was after :oops:

Cheers B3 too, always good to see the differences between the years..

unless you happen across the ideal post in 29.4m I'd get a shim as theres waay more 27.2mm choices available :)

Good plan, a "29.4" Ebay search didn't bring much back :?

Is that pretty much the go then? Everyone shim's it up? I think my old IF was a 29.4 as well, and I had to shim a CT2 for that..

Tell me about it - the trouble I've had finding a period 29.4mm post... :roll:

Always been wary of using a shimmed seatpost - is this just nonsense paranoia?

I think the only assumed issue with shims is that they don't support the post the whole way down, but then neither will a butted tube anyways..

That and the clamp doesn't bite the post so good.. Never had any problems myself, I guess it's just deemed to be a hack rather than get the right size post :roll:

I'm gettin me a shim tho, then I can get some nice Blinglé TM Wu-Tangled.. :cool:

I think I'll have to too, seen a nice ti American Classic post on ebay.com with a BIN of about £35...

You bringing the Yo in March? Sorry, OTness... :oops:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
plenty of frames use shims, possibly without you even knowing about it. a lot of ti frames use an alu insert in the seatube thats bonded in place as its significantly easier/ cheaper than reaming ti.
orange P7s also use shims as stock. On an extended seatower frame (thinking pre trek klein) then its probabily not safe. on pretty much everything else it shouldnt be a problem.
If you're still dead set thomson do a 29.4mm & they're some of the best seatposts ever made.

american classic, original ird, control tech (i think) ringle, ritchey, syncros, zoom all did 29.4mm
I've got a black 29.4mm zoom £5posted if any1s interested ;)

Back