Custom anodising

Jez, if you do decide to try this yourself, can you amend your will to name me as the benifactor of your bike collection, please. :)

You know just in case, wouldn't want it to go to waste. :)

if they're small bits paint them with nail varnish can look quite good
and don't cost much :D

mikee":5rn4fqsw said:
if they're small bits paint them with nail varnish can look quite good
and don't cost much :D

:LOL:

Nah, just cover stuff in coloured foil from your christmas tin of quality street

Jez,

I've annodized cranks, seat posts, cable hangers, stems, Ringle Bottle cages, and CK hubs.

The orange was tough as it tends to come out more "goldish" than deep orange. Even with longer cook times to build a thicker base (micros thick, mind you :p ) and generous dye periods the best I could do was a moderate "drank too much orange koolaid and threw up on my best white dress shirt" hue. Alot of it has to do with the type of aluminum as well as meticulous preparation.

Ended up sending a set of cranks out to have the orange done...after 5 months and countless phone calls they came back worse than my effort...ughh!

Here's a link to an excellent site for info, Ron's a peach to talk with as well...

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

I went ahead and bought his complete book, an excellent source for the money.

Now, if you want to talk cool, I set up a TI anno line that kicks butt!

cheers,

rody

We have a supplier that we use for our anodising, I know that they can do red and blue as that's what they do for us. I could find out what their colour range is if you like? We put a fair bit of work their way so they may be lenient with their pricing!

Back