guybe's Cwmcarn bimble

heathy- sorry I midunderstand your meaning, as scant say that part at the top is closed for maintenance, I have no idea when it's going to re-open so I used the fireroad to the carpark, same spot as if you came from the xc/freeride loop, on my first visit, I did use the xc loop and that was fun to use, dont let this closed trail at the top put you off making the trip next week, you have the final downhill section to make up for this ;)

scant- Cwmcarn is very good, I only followed the marked trails as if I didnt I will probably get lost in the mountains, so not good idea! :LOL:, did Anthony Oboyle have an engine on his bike to make it 36 minutes :shock: , I didnt really timed myself as that was a rough guess and I did stopped 2/3 times to enjoy the views of the valleys and having a snack also I wanted to save my energy for another extra loop.

I havent seen a single speed MTB there during my two visits, maybe my fitness levels is not as good as yours' scant as you are on the bike all the time working as a guide, is your mates are pro riders aswell by doing it on single speed? maybe one day I will have a go but I think I stick to the geared MTB :oops:

Crayons- Cwmcarn will be more fun than tiling indoors! :roll: hope to catch up for a ride soon, cheers.

yeh, Anthony Oboyle is pretty quick. I guess when you know a trail & ride it a lot it'll help you go that much faster!

I'm not dissing anyones level of fitness. I ride fully geared around here too!

Guybe, if you liked cwm carn you should tap scant up for a guided tour of his local area [ just the other side to cwm carn ] there is some awesome stuff there ;)

Scant, i did manage the middle drop at night on a hardtail too.

heathy":u2992th8 said:

I asked rowan to make each of the drops a few feet higher when the landing slope was being repaired, but riding home over the moors this arvo they look about the same.

scant":3vh6z22y said:
heathy":3vh6z22y said:

I asked rowan to make each of the drops a few feet higher when the landing slope was being repaired, but riding home over the moors this arvo they look about the same.

Good, if they were any bigger i would have to bring my sx trail.

Back