Custom anodising

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Next thing on the list of things to do...

Anyone have any experience in custom anodiising?

I know it can be done.

What about a group purchase if we manage to get a contact whos up for it?

Im thinking of getting a load of stuff done in bright orange maybe?

do a search on southern downhill forum. theres a company that advertises it with prices etc. been mentioned on STW as well.

I got a load done for free via a mate off here a while back. henry food colour scheme tho.... black or black ;) :LOL:

You can buy diy kits for annodising, i'll dig out the details, it's an old car restoration business.

I also know someone who does laser etching, if that's of any interest?

Yes I know of that company - it seemed quite expensive if I recall.

Black is fine but I might aswell spray something.

Want that crazy intense Mango colour!

It's only dylon clothes dyes, oh and some acid and other nasty stuff, but relativley easy to do.

The problem with companies doing it is that theyhave a set range of colours, back in the 90's when i used to make stuff, nothing ever was the same colour as ringle's and who evers stuff was. A real nightmare.

Have a look here, and get inspired

http://astro.neutral.org/anodise.shtml

There was a big long discussion about this either here or on the MTBR VRC forums. From what I understand, that stuff is highly caustic and people say not to F around with it unless you really know what you're doing.

But if anyone here can do it, you can Jez!

I'll surely melt my high end components, electrocute myself or dye myself permanantly or something if I end up mucking with that stuff.

:p

Jez,

As mentioned before in one of the many previous posts, I've set up a line and run some pieces through it...

has a LONG learning curve to master consistant coloring and is fairly expensive to self equip. Can be quite fun in a mad scientist kinda way.

I've also had some pieces done by OEM companies with varying results.

FYI...orange is one of the most difficult colors to nail down.

rody

"FYI...orange is one of the most difficult colors to nail down. "

OH BUGGER!

Typical!

Kudos to you Rody for doing it! What did you anodise?

Back