Old team MBUK bike with Jo Burt paint job...

Wow. That is a blast from the past!

I remember that picture so well. The interview was a classic.

I'm up for a sheet of stickers, too!

Ill scan my custom Mint drawing at some point. Got it done for me at Cyclex 1991 if I remember correctly.

It's framed at the moment. It even has a message "to jez and stace" (my sister who was also a Mint fan!

I remember seeing a alloy GT frame painted with the burt-esque flowers. literally covered, end to end. It was hanging as a frame in a bike shop.

I dont know who did it but it must of taken fricking weeks and weeks and weeks.

Ive also got my own mint sauce sketch JB drew me on a scrap of paper at Bicyclexpo. been on my wall for years.

I tried to re-create it on a misted up science room window once and promptly got an 'after-school' for 'drawing phallic shapes' :)

painted with the burt-esque flowers

You sure? Even Jo wasn't mad enough to paint them on, he used stickers. That's one of the reasons I want to take a look at the article though - he was quite artistic with his placement and I want to make sure I get it right....

Ill scan my custom Mint drawing at some point.

I've got one of those too!
Searched for it tonight but to no avail. Will try harder at the weekend and post a scan up here if I find it.

I was at Cyclex, 1991 I think, and I saw Dave Hemmings bike, said Dog Bolx, and Jo had painted a sketch of Dave Hemming's Mum on the seat tube doing the hoovering [/quote]

I've got a feeling my friend Pete the bike mechanic owned that Roberts for a while. Was talking to him about it the other week. Black and white with flowers?

Wu-Tangled":19o4cxks said:
I was at Cyclex, 1991 I think, and I saw Dave Hemmings bike, said Dog Bolx, and Jo had painted a sketch of Dave Hemming's Mum on the seat tube doing the hoovering

I've got a feeling my friend Pete the bike mechanic owned that Roberts for a while. Was talking to him about it the other week. Black and white with flowers?[/quote]

Urm, yep, if memory serves me right...blimey, seems quite a few of us were at '91 Cyclex...

Back