What's the best ebay sniper tool.....

I dont use one as i prefer the thrill of bidding in the closing seconds
I reckon if you're going to win its best to actually watch what the bidding is doing

If its something really important ,my hands shake as i bid :LOL: :LOL:
Makes the winning even more enjoyable :D

I agree with Dyna. Its the thrill of the chase, there is the down if you don't win, but there will always be another one.

TBH though I don't see the point of these tools, just put in the maximum you are prepared to pay for the item and see what happens. If no one else is prepared to pay that then you'll get it cheaper, if they are then you won't win. Most times you will only lose an auction by the next minimum bid amount, but thats not to say if you had bidded that much extra that you would have won, you'll never know how far the other bidder was prepared to go.

thekingofming":12trbnl2 said:
I agree with Dyna. Its the thrill of the chase, there is the down if you don't win, but there will always be another one.

TBH though I don't see the point of these tools, just put in the maximum you are prepared to pay for the item and see what happens. If no one else is prepared to pay that then you'll get it cheaper, if they are then you won't win. Most times you will only lose an auction by the next minimum bid amount, but thats not to say if you had bidded that much extra that you would have won, you'll never know how far the other bidder was prepared to go.

They're awesome for when the bidding ends at 3am, or when I'm work!

They're also great for keeping the price down. If I bid early at my maximum, there's always some pleb who changes his mind and ups his maximum (as if me bidding on it somehow makes it more valuable to him/her). If I snipe it, they don't get a chance to do so. If they've set their maximum correctly (i.e. the actual maximum they want to pay), and it's mroe than mine, they'll win anyway, so no problem.

Agreed. I sometimes snipe 'manually' if I happen to be at the PC at finish time, but mostly I use a snipe service. I set my maximum and then try to forget about it until after the finish, stops me spending more if someone bids up! :oops:

thekingofming":3n9w87sl said:

the point is it will bid when you arent there,a lot of folks on here buy bike parts from the states and these auctions tend to end at silly times in the morning when we are in bed,also how many times have you gone to bid and the pc slows down or ebay asks you to log in?? with everyone sniping in the last 4-5 seconds as these programs do,its almost impossible to beat that system... but i do agree it gives you a good thrill if you are trying to manually bid in the dying seconds :) but with the rareness of some of the parts we bid on then why chance it???? and if you are bidding with days to go all you are doing is putting the price up for yourself..

Im in the house all day
I've found the bargains finish between 8am-3pm due to people mixing up the 24h clock
Or newly listed on a BIN pricing

stew-b":2dchn1si said:
.....sniping in the last 4-5 seconds as these programs do,its almost impossible to beat that system......

If you are around at the end of the auction it is possible to put a bid in in the last few seconds. I do it regularly. Tabs are your friend! ;)

Xesh":13lfg4fd said:
stew-b":13lfg4fd said:
.....sniping in the last 4-5 seconds as these programs do,its almost impossible to beat that system......

If you are around at the end of the auction it is possible to put a bid in in the last few seconds. I do it regularly. Tabs are your friend! ;)

i wasnt saying its impossible,just much easier to get a machine to do it for you ;)

stew-b":6sftnm3m said:
i wasnt saying its impossible,just much easier to get a machine to do it for you ;)

Yes, I agree it's easier if you're not around at the time but if I am then I prefer to do it live. That plus the fact that my PC is only on when I'm using it.

Latest posts

Back