1995 Fat Chance Yo Eddy : The Rebuild

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So, it's time for a Spring Clean.. Black Trickness is the Rule Of The Game :cool:

Need to perform some Custom Anodising :cool:

Attachments

• Yo_Rear.jpg
    Yo_Rear.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,280
  • Yo_Front.jpg
    Yo_Front.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2,281
  • Yo_Side.jpg
    Yo_Side.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 2,279
nice :) pretty much bling on there already. the critical racing cantis (are they?) are anodised? what rims will you use? whats that front hub?

Damn, I haven't even gotten mine built and you're already rebuilding yours Matt! :LOL:

Funny that yours has eyelets on the rear dropouts though, didn't think the Yo ever came with them...

Those are the machined drop outs as used from the mid 90s onward. They are exactly like mine

I may or may not have told you, but I have an unhealthy obsession going on with these frames right now. Best frame color. ever. I loved the former build on this... where are you going with it now.

Boner.

team_lav.jpg

Nice frame Mike, looks brand new!

They're Critical Cantis yep..

The front hub is [believe it or not] a painted [!!] 3DV Ringle 1st Gen Bubba hub :LOL: Need to strip it and get it anodised Black.. As with the rear also..

I was thinking about a respray, but the character is in the ding [on seatstay], the chips and the used feel of the frame. Plus, it is just great when the pearlescent finish sparkles in the sun :cool:

Not sure on rims yet.. Got some NOS 117 SUP [dark ano] or NOS 231CDs.. Plus I have Sithlord's Black Bullseye wheelset on the way.. Silber Grafton Joystix..

Need a lightweight 8 speed screw on block/freewheel..? Any ideas there?

Also, not sure whether to go Suntour XC Pro or XTR M90*.. Your thoughts/opinions appreciated!

Not mine, I just pulled it off Fatcogs. ;)

kingroon":29aq73t8 said:
Need a lightweight 8 speed screw on block/freewheel..? Any ideas there?

Also, not sure whether to go Suntour XC Pro or XTR M90*.. Your thoughts/opinions appreciated!

IIRC, Sachs had an 8-spd freewheel?

M900.

Back