Tell me About Energy Drinks

on of Rock's squash

we love that stuff - I like the orange best. Tastes great when you're cycling. I have a large bowl of porridge before I go out for a long ride. A flapjack or two during.

I tend not to drink much on a ride for some reason, but make up for it afterwards. Have never bonked when using the above method, but as said before - everybody's different. I have bonked in the early days when I didn't have enough to sustain me. It's not nice.

Bonking. Snigger.

Seriously, though, skipping breakfast? Most important meal of the day. If you eat at 9pm then nothing until mid-morning the next day you're going to suffer if you're sitting down all day, let alone going for a ride.

Porridge is the new black when it comes to breaky. Ready in 2 minutes in the microwave.

Kestonian":da5dc8nz said:
Bonking. Snigger.

Seriously, though, skipping breakfast? Most important meal of the day. If you eat at 9pm then nothing until mid-morning the next day you're going to suffer if you're sitting down all day, let alone going for a ride.

Porridge is the new black when it comes to breaky. Ready in 2 minutes in the microwave.

True on every point. Nothing better than a 'good' Bonk :LOL: :LOL:

i can probably count the times ive had breakfast in my life on one hand :LOL:

i find it just slows me down

usually ill have a banana ( or more recently apple as they seem to last longer ) before if i plan to ride later in the day and after anything i can stuff in my face quick :LOL:

i was up at 7 ( grr postie ) few cups of coffee and tea for the couple of hours it took to put the bike together , 20+ offroad miles , now back and ive eaten a pack of crap cookies , half a pack of chocolate fingers , shit loads of peanuts ( i dont eat red meat so i eat a lot of peanuts ) and about a litre of orange juice

legs feel awesome , back has stopped hurting and im slowly warming up ( maybe i underestimated how cold it would be today so a tshirt wasnt the wisest choice )

only complaint is im feeling a bit tired but ive only had about 5 hours sleep

Well I did it. Just over 50 miles and all done in the small ring. Averaged just under 17mph. I took a bottle of water, a slightly smaller one of Rocks (Ed, it was blackcurrant) and two bananas.
I'm going to get bigger bottles asap. Legs don't feel too bad but shoulders are tadgered. Also got a blister on my hand. I have had a bite to eat which included some salt!
We shall see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for all advice!

Back