Eighty's Carrera Quattro 2!

goodas12003

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guy's, what do you reckon of my latest ride! Built it up over last couple of day's mainly with what i had lying around the place. Bought it off letmetalktomark (Many thank's mate) as i had never seen one before and when it turned up, it's condition is really quite amazing. It's finished in grey and yellow with grey splatter paint in it , including the bar's! Got some grey tyre's and grip's for it, LX rear mech, deore crank with single chainring and dug out a pair of canti's (didnt have black unfortunatley) so i could make use of the stem and jockey wheel and took it out for a ride earlier. it's absolutley spot on! Threw it together mainly to let someone use it when we go out round Delamere forest etc. Hope you all like it as much as me. If nothing else, it's defo retro!! Cheer's Dave. :D

Attachments

• carrera side.jpg
    carrera side.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,763
  • carrera os.jpg
    carrera os.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,763
Will do Mark. Many thank's again. This guy is defo recommended to buy from cos he has an "O level " in wrapping parcel's. ;)

That looks cool, loving the john major colour- looks like a lot of fun to ride and appears to be in great nick, thanks for sharing :cool:

If I recall correctly I used to spend alot of time in Halfords staring at these and the rest of the Carrera range just hoping that one day.......

I've got a Carrera road frame exactly the same finish as this. I thought it was early 90's but not so sure now. Do you know exactly when this finish was around?

I like it but those modern Deore cranks stick out like a sore thumb. Love the U-brake under the chainstays. My guess would be 88-89 for the year...?

Thank's for the comment's lad's, have to admit, it really has turned out a cracking looking bike! I dont think the crank's look to out of place, admitedly they are the wrong era but it's all i had and at least it's keeping another retro on the dirt! I agree you should try and keep thing's correct on a high end bike but dont think it matter's to much on sumat like this as long as you are having fun! Tell you what, this thing went everywhere the other more modern stuff went on sunday no prob's. Anyway, appreciate your comment's. Dave. :D

Latest posts

Back