Racing colours. What's your favourite?

Dr S":2c7fftw2 said:
3369613091_9a22da9a66.jpg

Not really into art or anything like that, I noticed on the rear wing of the BMW is the letters AC - Alexander Calder, (I did google this to make sure I had my facts right) who was famous for painting all sorts of things - he even custom painted a 747 for Braniff Airways!
I can and do appreciate these cars and motorbikes, my personal favourite has got to be this:
1930_Bentley_Speed62.jpg

Love the Gulf blue but has to be Martini for me - just reminds me of happy days with my dad in his Lancia Delta Evo :cool:

The grace of God

This thread reminds me that, when I was a mere boy, I was a huge fan of Francois Cevert - his crash lid colours remain embedded in my memory... once he'd gone, I had a spell of rooting for drivers destined to be champions - all who met untimely ends - Brise, Williamson, Pryce...

Who'd have been a racing driver in those days.... :-(

Mr K

Attachments

• francoishelmet73vc5.jpg
    francoishelmet73vc5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 623
  • Franny C.jpg
    Franny C.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 623
not really into car racing but this for me as my dad had a cosworth when i was a kid and i remember this from my childhood must ave been mid 80s or something i guess

Attachments

• texaco.jpg
    texaco.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 609
Re: The grace of God

mrkawasaki":2tojo0hp said:
This thread reminds me that, when I was a mere boy, I was a huge fan of Francois Cevert - his crash lid colours remain embedded in my memory... once he'd gone, I had a spell of rooting for drivers destined to be champions - all who met untimely ends - Brise, Williamson, Pryce...

Who'd have been a racing driver in those days.... :-(

Mr K

Me please!

Yes the odds were stacked against you but the sport really was in a golden patch back then. Would loved to been around then, it was more accessable, the cars rewarded the brave and the piss up afterwards would make Kimi Raikkonen blanch. It's too sanitized now.
Real racers never think about the 'what if' and 'will it be me next',, it happens from time to time, you think about that side of thing your finished, you lose your edge.
Cervert was an absolute star and would have been champion for sure.

Yes, I would have loved to race back then.

Si

More racing colours

Big boys toys... :cool:

Mr K

Attachments

• 30_CSL_Renn.jpg
    30_CSL_Renn.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 578
  • Gerry DTV 2.jpg
    Gerry DTV 2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 578
  • Gerry DTV.jpg