Quick Q....About Saab's

I've got the 2.3 Turbo. There a neat trick you can do with them - if you swap the hoses that go into the air pressure unit for the turbo top for bottom you convert it from the light pressure turbo to the full blown one - but watch out as it can overboost if you put your foot down too hard and the engine hiccups violently. It doesn't damage it (except maybe the engine mounts) to my knowledge. Not quite sure where you stand with your insurance either if you do this :oops:

My P reg had 168K on the clock when I bought it - full leather, climate control etc..... £800 with full MOT. It's now on near 200K and good for some while yet. These engines are indestructible. The peripherals (electrics) might go from time to time, but the engine will last for ever. On a long run it'll do 42 to the gallon fully loaded :oops: Ave of 30 over all.

I've got 2 2.3 9-5's. The 3.0 and diesels weren't of Saabs doing and it's only the newer shape 9-3's that use GM engines. Saab did all the turbo'd 2.0 and 2.3 units otherwise. Fantastic units.

IIRC GM made Saab use hubs and brakes plus some suspension components, but the engines, styling and ergonomics are Saab.

Both of mine with 150K on and going strong.

saabcentral.com will have the whole truth somewhere.

I've got a 9-5 2.0t estate that I've put nearly 100k on since I got it.
It has had a new head gasket and turbo, fuel pump etc.... but like most saab's..... it's like a jacobson chair that gets better with age!....
I regulary get mine serviced by abbott racing www.abbottracing.com
The last time I dropped mine in, Ed Abbott gave me his own personal 9-5 as a courtesy car. Same 2.0t as mine but this was packing around 250bhp!...... and with 160k on the clock. Seriously considering the beta upgrade now :cool:

Should never have given my T16s away though!

cheers,
boy"O"boy

abit o/t but i nearly bought a saab about 5 years ago, went to test drive it and it was proper shagged so i thought "i'm getting a damn car today" went and got autotrader and with the 'help' of my mate we picked out a g-plate vauxhall senator in metallic red it was a 3.0 giant thing that drank petrol but was alot of fun for a summer for £500 and comfy too... actually not to bad for a big old girl drove ok. my mate bashed it in croyde the next year so i scrapped it. went to look at an early rwd xr4 after that but in a similar story it was screwed (pasenger window taped to roof :D ) so bought a pair of xr2s instead :shock: one silver stripped out and the other white without optional pepperpots (rare like this) had 32k on in as new condish i wish i kept it now :cry: :cry:

Back