Mustang Tyres???

77grifter

Dirt Disciple
Currently restoring the king of old school 'all terrain' bikes - The Raleigh Mustang :LOL:

Anybody know what brand of tyre they came with? from what I can remember they were gum walled Cheng Shin????

cheers :cool:

cheng shin, centre ridge. And if you go for a tioga Farmer Johns cousin, the knobs need shaving ;)

One of my Raleighs had Hutchinson tyres, but I can't remember if that was the Mustang or Mirage.

I replaced the rear tyre of my Mustang with a Tioga Farmer John or Farmer John's Cousin. The edges of the tread was so square the bike almost stayed vertical by itself. A delight in corners :shock:

PDL":bqhwreq2 said:
One of my Raleighs had Hutchinson tyres, but I can't remember if that was the Mustang or Mirage.

I replaced the rear tyre of my Mustang with a Tioga Farmer John or Farmer John's Cousin. The edges of the tread was so square the bike almost stayed vertical by itself. A delight in corners :shock:

The Farmer John range were absolutely dreadful on wet grass as well. I think my habit of fannying around corners like a tipsy vicar stems from that era.

Iwasgoodonce":2ja4eke6 said:
The Farmer John range were absolutely dreadful on wet grass as well. I think my habit of fannying around corners like a tipsy vicar stems from that era.

:LOL: :LOL:

They were a nice hard compund for pulling skids in the street though!

Back