I need to gain some weight fast.

Russell":rlhf6wen said:
Easy_Rider":rlhf6wen said:
The gene thing is true to a certain extent

No, no its not. The human body is essentially a machine, there are certain genetic or environmental factors that influence the way that it works but at a base level, if you consume more calories than you use you will put on weight. If you consume less calories than you burn, or burn more than you consume, you will lose weight. It really is as simple as that.

Like I said, true to a certain extent, there is still a lot of research in this field and cannot be discounted with a swoop. I consider my self lucky that I can eat a lot on not put on weight, but there are people who eat less than me and are more active and are much heavier! Basically the research shows that your body will strive to keep to what t thinks is the ultimate weight.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 647517.ece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2946473.stm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fat+gene

clicky links above

edit: just to point out, for much of my teens I strived to put on weight as i was super skinny! I ate a lot but no weight came, and i'm still quite thin.

Put me in a room with another person of similar build, we eat the same what will happen? we each put on the same weight? maybe, maybe not, cannot be quantified theoritically because each of our bodies is different and what makes us different is our genes.

Now lifestyle and knowing our bodies, eating healthy and excersing is a different argument.

Jimster (page 1) - that is one of the best rants I have read. I love it and agree with your sentiments entirely.

Shovelon (also page 1) made a point about criminal negligence that must be valid at some level.

Did I read somewhere that one of the children in this story is an X-Factor reject? If so, it just gets better!

J i m s t e r":37bxeivs said:
Shoot them like the pachyderms they are.

Hey - leave the elephants alone.... What have they ever done to you? Don't compare these hideous lumps of meat to elephants :twisted: ;)

As said previously in his thread, it really is down to education and whichever government is 'in' these days (could be any of them) getting these layabouts off their arse and actually earning all these payouts.

Annoyed. I'm off to bed for a nice sleep and hopefully will forget about them by the time I go for my Friday night beer and curry extravaganza :LOL:

well true if your mum/dad are big then you have fair chance of also being big. And hard work to stay the correct weight.
But those fat f**kers are happy to get money for being fat. But they wil most like die early due to being like they are. :D Just hope they don't have kids and produce more monsters to keep at our expense :evil:
How did/do such fat people have sex? Must be bloody hard to find every thing :shock: :LOL:

Hey - leave the elephants alone.... What have they ever done to you? Don't compare these hideous lumps of meat to elephants

So true :D

this made me think of a day some time ago i was in the post office...behind me were 2 people/drug head/alkies....the conversation went some thing like this....f..xsake ...wot......aint got no social left......owe cum.....ad a tunn of white litning lass nite didn i.....got nuffin left....f...k!.af to go to the social agin get a bit more so i can hav me som blow an all..... (his mate goes)...this is 9 o clock in the morning by the way and they are both standing to cash their latest cheque holding cans of special brew in their filthy hands.

these are the ones i cant stand......people who have a bad habit of not eating properly must cover 3 quarters of the population....it just doesnt do you any good to winge that the handouts arnt enough when you have the ability to change the situation yourself.it comes across as money grabbing and selfish.look to africa and other countries where children starve to death every day of the week and then tell me you need more money.i can relate that some people cant lose weight but to winge that ya handout isnt enough makes me think... GET A JOB THEN! not give them more money.ho hum rant over.. :cool:

Lots of people on benefits didn't choose to go on benefits. What about the armies of people that have ended their careers to look after relatives? Or those that genuinely can't work? It's easy to write people off, label them as fat or lazy. But it isn't as simple as that.

Some quality fat ranting!

IMO it is because people have too much time on their hands these days. 50 years ago only the rich could choose a sedentary lifestyle, now everyone can.

as you say there is too many variables to consider...house husbands/wifes getting back to work,long term back injuries people,as well as loads more....whats worse is when you get all the state bills and others paid for you it makes it very hard to get a job that covers the costs and leaves you with enough to live on..eg our rates bill is over a grand..thats a lot to pay when you work ...or ......nothing at all if you dont...free pescriptions ..most of ya rent paid and lots of free time....not a great incentive is it to go and work 40 hours a week with no free time and all those bills to pay...i can see why some choose not to work but to keep their heads down and ride thru life on the coat tails of others.

just a thought ......if you went for a job where the perks were.....not having to get up at 6 in the morning ,travel 30 miles to go to work where some one harrasses you all day long,they pay nearly all your bills and you can do whatever you want during the day do u think that it would get a lot of applications :cool:

Back