Oh shite i've f*¥ked up big style!

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Oh bugger, shit, pants, bollocks, arse! (bangs head against wall)

Collected the FAT frame from powder coaters tonight on way home from work. Not bad, usual bits of dust and slightly orange peel effect. No problem it's a rider not a garage queen. Got out the 1500 grade wet and dry and gave it a good flat and polish and it's come up really really nice, almost too nice. Stands back with cold beer to admire it's refreshed cosmetics when it hit me. With all the hectic rushing around this week I'd forgotten that I had still to drill out the rivet and remove the plastic cable guide from below the BB before sending it off. Feck! No sign of it! I don't think mr powdercoat will have saved it or been too careful removing it either. Where the hell will I find another one of those buggers?
Has anyone got any spares kicking about? It's a triple one with slightly wider middle slot for the rear U brake.

Hope someone can help as my head hurts from banging it against this wall.

Cheers
An idiot

jonrock":2qit4w6l said:
Surely you can modify a modern one...bout a quid from your LBS
J

Absolutely, would this type not do:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Thor ... t-8628.htm

8628clubtour_l.jpg

It's the triple that's the killer. I feel for you on this one - the one I have is the last original part on my frame, and I've pondered what I'll do when it goes.

Best I can come up with is:

1. find an old parts catalogue (e.g. 88 89 XT), get the part number and search on that: someone somewhere will have one.

2. Have a simple one made [in CNC?]. Can spot you some pics of a plastic one if that helps.

3. Use a different method - wee brazed on tubes? A more robust solution but timeconsuming when you've just painted.

good luck

its a piece of plastic that bolts onto the BB shell.. on the grand scheme of things it'll be a pretty easy fix

Latest posts

Back