Dagger FS (AMP) – FINISHED!! pics on page 2

I have a feeling it's with the old Yeti and Intense brochures in one of of my storage boxes down in the cellar, if I find it I'll send it, no probs there at all. Gimme till the end of the weekend as a) there's no lights in the cellar b) it'll be fricking cold down there at the moment and c) it's quite eerie down there in the dark!

:D Great! :D

I'll gladly pay for it, let me know. I haven't found much about Dagger on the net or in old mags, so it'd be really interesting to see.

Time to cross my fingers! ;)

LeeDevelopment":30fm3tbn said:
a) there's no lights in the cellar b) it'll be fricking cold down there at the moment and c) it's quite eerie down there in the dark!

May the Force be with you.....

Still can't find the catalogue but did find a photo, different type of frame to yours mind....

Attachments

• dagger fs bike.jpg
    dagger fs bike.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 5,523
NICE! :cool: Cheers Lee

I found an old b/w advert a while ago which has the same picture - great to see it in colour! (I assumed the bike was yellow, looks bad ass in white!)

The project is going well, I have a pretty stack of red parts now, it's just a question of stripping and painting the main frame which is at the top of my 'stuff to do' list....

Attachments

• Ad4.jpg
    Ad4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 5,501
Finished!! :D

After wondering whether to get the front triangle yellow-to-red fade in wet paint (expensive) or a grey powdercoat (cheap) I finally went with a ‘factory’ finish (free!) Looks nicer in the flesh when you can see the contrast with the polished Amp rear and top-tube cable guides more clearly
What I ended up with is what I like to think of as a kind of Kamikaze prototype, the sort of bike you'd see a small picture of in the news section of BIKE or MTB.

Not had chance to ride it in anger yet and probably never will since I value my teeth but I’ll take it for some light XC duty soon. I’m looking forward to seeing how the famous AMP back-end rides...

Thanks to the people who helped and to those who may recognize parts they’ve sold me for this build.

Frame: 1998 Dagger FS
Shock: Risse Terminator
Fork: Judy XC

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Ringle Zooka
Handlebar: Answer Alumilite
Grips: ODI Assault

Brakes: Magura Raceline DH
Brake Boosters: Drilled Titanium

Shifters: Shimano ??
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Derailleur Cables: Gore Ride-On
Cassette: Shimano XT
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Shimano XT
Crank Caps: SRP
Chainrings: Tiso/Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Pedals: Odyssey Shark Bite

Skewers: Tektro
Rims: Sun Rhyno Lite
Hubs: Ringle Son Of Bubba/Shimano Deore
Tyres: IRC Mythos XC

Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: Ringle Moby
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Extras: TWP Brace

Attachments

• DAGGER4.jpg
    DAGGER4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,828
  • DAGGER3.jpg
    DAGGER3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 2,828
  • DAGGER2.jpg
    DAGGER2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2,828
  • DAGGER1.jpg
    DAGGER1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 2,828
Wow that looks lovely!!

When in the states hunting around I missed one of these ...well specced for $100 !!! The chap said I was about an hour late!!

Cheers! :D

I've seen a couple go on ebay pretty cheap too, I guess it's because it's a fairly unknown brand.

Cheap price might be of the brands reputation, check out reviews on MTBR for example - seems not to be the most reliable frame, but then a 1500+ dollar Manitou frame is neither.

Back