1984 Cook Bros. “Bonzo Fury”

love it !

The stem looks just like the Nitto made stem from a 1982 Stumpjumper....the golf club.

Is it the same one?

GoldenEraMTB":3h7j1zzb said:
love it !

The stem looks just like the Nitto made stem from a 1982 Stumpjumper....the golf club.

Is it the same one?

I'm unsure. The name sure is fitting though. Its a really nice stem though. Never seen Nitto put out crap anyways.

Kestonian":2s3hkz50 said:
Had posted this in the BOTM before I knew the proper procedure.

I think it was quite at home there.

Stunning

Thanks. Its still there just moved it here with more detail. Just got myself a branch mount for my camera. Hope to get some action shots the next time I'm out. I'll post some more then.

Stunning.

If this is the one that came up for sale in the last year or so, I was SOOOO tempted to go for it.... but i hesitated. :roll:

It's a real piece of style and history bundled into a rideable artform.
Glad it's gone to a loving home.

BOTY IMO.

DM":1p1k5lol said:
Stunning.

If this is the one that came up for sale in the last year or so, I was SOOOO tempted to go for it.... but i hesitated. :roll:

It's a real piece of style and history bundled into a rideable artform.
Glad it's gone to a loving home.

BOTY IMO.

Yeah its the one. It did not get any love there though. Considering how well it rides. I'm really confused as to why CBR did not sell more of these. Its a great all around off road machine. I can only compares the ride to a Ritchey Annipurna. Although the Anna has a softer and more forgiving front end since it has curved forks and a extended stem I would guess, where the Fury is mpr direct.
When I was making a deal for the bike, I contacted Jack of CBR to confirm the story and the bike. He told me I should hang it up so I dont damage it riding off road. No way. Whats the use of that. I'd rather smash it while using it then hang it up. Till that day though. It stays in rotation.

Rimspoke2":cq8j3ck4 said:
GoldenEraMTB":cq8j3ck4 said:
love it !

Is it the same one?

I'm unsure. The name sure is fitting though. Its a really nice stem though. Never seen Nitto put out crap anyways.

Absolutely right...Nitto is fantastic when it comes to steel stems and handlebars.

Yeah its the one. It did not get any love there though. Considering how well it rides. I'm really confused as to why CBR did not sell more of these. Its a great all around off road machine. I can only compares the ride to a Ritchey Annipurna. Although the Anna has a softer and more forgiving front end since it has curved forks and a extended stem I would guess, where the Fury is mpr direct.
When I was making a deal for the bike, I contacted Jack of CBR to confirm the story and the bike. He told me I should hang it up so I dont damage it riding off road. No way. Whats the use of that. I'd rather smash it while using it then hang it up. Till that day though. It stays in rotation.[/quote]

Great write up with the pics. I'm of the same mindset- I don't own a museum, and while looking at my mtb's is nice; riding them is all I want to do. I would ride the hell out of this CBR.

Back