2008 Viner Sidus - Italian Steel Road Bike

Roger_P

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi,

Just thought I would share this with you all, it is bound to divide opinion as it is a road bike and not retro, but I have spent a great deal of time sourcing this and am very, very pleased with what I have now got!

Cheers,

Roger

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3,364
  • Non Drive Side.jpg
    Non Drive Side.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 3,364
  • Drive Side.jpg
    Drive Side.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 3,364
I thinks it looks good! What does it weigh? I really must take some pictures of my fairly recent (blimey, I suppose it must be nearly 10 years old now) steel road bike. What are the tyres on it?
It's nice to know that there is a modern ompact design going on in steel.

Thanks! :D

I have no idea of how much it weighs, it is definately my lightest bike and would like to say less than 20 pounds.

The tyres are Schwalbe Stelvios on Ambrosio Excellence rims laced to 2008 Campagnolo Record Hubs with Sapim Spokes.

The Groupset is 2008 Campagnolo Centaur, the Handlebars, Seat Post, Bar Tape and Stem are all Stella Azzurra, and the saddle is a Fizik Arione.

I guess I should thank Adam at Triangle in Horsforth for building the wheels and putting it all together and Scott at Otagocyclesport for all the advice and help in sourcing all bits and pieces.

Roger

you end up with very light frames when you use columbus or deda new steel tubesets. Vineer might not be known in GB but here in Itly's quite famous. Made in Pistoia, Tuscany.

Back