GT STS-DS the beginnings of a rebuild

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I finally replaced the fork after smashing my Marzocchi DJ then as I'm sure happens to many of us here I decided it was time once again to revamp the styling on my favorite ride ("earmuffs" to other bikes). So far the fork, grips and front brakes are changed but more to follow.

current specs:
Azonic stem and bars
OURY grips
Thomson seat post
XT rear LX front shifters and derailleurs
Truvativ cranks
Shimano DX spd pedals
XT front brakes with random lever
Magura Raceline H33S rear brakes
XT rear hub on Rhino Lite Sunn Rim
GT 20mm hub on Speed Freak rim
Marzocchi Z1 Bomber
Chris King headset
Tioga Control DH saddle (best seat ever, god awful color)

Plans to change (subject to change):
Azonic stem to Dirty Dog Reaper
both shifters to matching pair of chrome LX
Truvativ cranks to custom red anodized LX
Magura rear brakes to matching XT
Levers to ano red Avid V chip levers
Tioga seat to red SDG (thanks slimjoe)
All the cables will be red
hopefully rear wheel setup to Tioga Disk Drive, but if not I'll lace up a snowflake pattern sooner or later.

Anyone have any different suggestions? What do you think so far? All of your input is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00353.JPG
    DSC00353.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 2,391
  • DSC00354.JPG
    DSC00354.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 2,391
  • DSC00355.JPG
    DSC00355.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,391
  • sts-ds bars.JPG
    sts-ds bars.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,391
was that saddle originally one of these:

32%5Chiboyacht%5Cimg%5C2008115115214.jpg

:? :LOL:

Will make a nice re build. More pics!

@letmetalktomark: Why yes, yes it was. I had it commissioned by John Therien, the inventor and proprietor of the Banana Boat non-powered recreational vehicle and Banana Boat at Boynton Beach resort/restaurant. So there. He did great work until he lost both of his arms in a tragic accident while trying to create a greener more eco friendly version code named the Plantain Boat, a sad day in fruit shaped boat history.

@oldschool: Yeah I might sell the seat for the right price when the SDG arrives. Cant have no seat on my daily commuter. PM me and well discuss.

stauqmuk":3dfn9mvf said:
@letmetalktomark: Why yes, yes it was. I had it commissioned by John Therien, the inventor and proprietor of the Banana Boat non-powered recreational vehicle and Banana Boat at Boynton Beach resort/restaurant. So there. He did great work until he lost both of his arms in a tragic accident while trying to create a greener more eco friendly version code named the Plantain Boat, a sad day in fruit shaped boat history.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:cool:

I got some parts and some time this past week, definitely have a ways to go but here are the updates getting some use on this afternoon's ride.

Dirty Dog Reaper stem (heavy as lead, not retro, but who can say no to a red skull?)
Astro Professional bars
Avid V-chip levers
Deore LX shifters
XT rear brakes (to match the front)
SDG Slim Jim saddle
THE krud catcher
Red prism brake lines

Attachments

• STS cockpit.JPG
    STS cockpit.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 2,181
  • STS from the back.JPG