What do the Glasses wearers do on a bike?

I'm not sure how much cheaper they are but Oakley also do their Flakjacket and Flakjacket XLJ shapes with a prescription lens that is not a weird insert as with the Ms. I got some of these last year and they have been brilliant. Ace coverage and the lens is shaped right to the extremities so looks a bit thick at the edges but you lose no periferal vision.

In reletive terms even Ms are cheaper than a mid-range suspension fork so it's probably a worth while investment.

Always used to just wear my normal glasses out riding.

Changed to contacts last year. 90% of the time they are pure awesome (the other 10% is cos sometimes I get hayfever, and it makes things a bit difficult).

I use monthly soft lenses. Put them in at the beginning of the month, forget about them, take them out at the end of the month. I actually forget what my real vision is like! :shock:

Several years ago I bought some new everyday specs on an offer which was basically a BOGOF. For my 'free' pair I asked for - and got - a pair of Bolle's with the prescription insert lenses which would have been a lot more expensive than the original pair. I found that the clip-in prescription lenses will fit some of my other bike riding 'eye protectors' so I can use them with a clear pair in the winter.

I ride in just my regular glasses, I ride everyday and wear glasses all day. I am not a fan of glasses in general and wear the smallest simplest ones I can find. Currently some Boots News brand Titanium versions which have easily doubled the time I have ever owned a pair of glasses without breaking them. I have never found a set of sporty ones which suit me and can't justify the cost of breaking them.

whopper.jpg

ed2.jpg

edfallingoffsnowboard.jpg

However I have had some nasty cuts on my face from crashing with glasses on.

Attachments

• headshot.jpg
    headshot.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 611
I went to specsavers.....no really i did!!!

They do a nice line of sports glasses with shatter proof lenses. I went for the "shooters yellow" tint which i found really helps in both day and night riding conditions; cost me £125!

I wanted to get new lenses in my old Oakleys, but the cost was too much to justify.

Back