Blatent profiteering

Honestly, I just try to not lose money. Of course, this can often mean a huge markup to what people think I sell things for.
The Muddy Fox I'm selling at the minute has cost me way more than I'm asking for it if you count what it'll cost me to post and the parts I bought for it and am including as part of the deal.
It's a hobby, anyone that thinks they can make a viable income from it is just silly, plain and simple.

I tell ya what;

I get a nice fuzzy feeling when I get something great for a reasonable price from a member, also I've formed a couple RB friendships from that. :cool:
If i get sold some overpriced crap then its the opposite i feel like I've been done, dumped on. Not a nice feeling.

I love the feeling of friendly purchases its great, real good honest people. And for most of the people I have had this kind of deal on here, thank you. I'm sure your other buyers/sellers feel the same way.

believe it or not this even happens on ebay with strangers! :eek: :cool:

Good karma, united good feeling. :cool:

So long as its a fair price and a fair decent item (not crap) and no greed then aces.

Watch out for the ones looking out for themselves only.

Only prob is selling at same price you lose your postage/packing...

Anyway i got some stuff to sell to fund my latest RB purchase.... ;)

i have bought a bit to sell on. usually a complete bike which i wanted a few bits off. on the whole i try and sell the remaining bits for what the full bike cost, thus feeding my retroism for free. sometines i give stuff away to people on a budget as do many people on here.

i think we are in good times at the minute. there are plenty of components on the market. shops still have NOS stuff that is being introduced onto the market,people are realising their old stuff is worth something again so there is plenty to choose from on ebay etc and this on the whole is keeping prices sensible.

i think it is inevitable that soon demand will outstrip supply and that is when prices will rocket.

i think it is fair enough to sell bits for what the market dictated. i feel more guilty buying a complete retro bike for next to nothing than i do for selling the frame on for a bit of profit.

I have a spreadsheet with a tab for each bike, a 'spares' tab and a running total tab.

every part I buy goes on here, as well as every part I sell, date, price, etc.

If I sell anything here then it goes up for exactly what I paid for it...NO increase....ever.

(spreadsheet is heavily encrypted in case Mrs Neill ever see's the running total :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Neill

Back