Blatent profiteering

cchris2lou":3ni8ag9r said:
None .

I wear a retrobike t shirt and pray in front of my PC surrended by bikes . :LOL:

sorry

➡️

Hahaha, first time i laugh today. Let`s hear the chants! All together now!

interesting thread im a self confessed ebay whore my buisness depends on ebay so i am damn good at playing the ebay field! so ill be buying lots of bikes and breaking them up and i totally agree with the guys on here that say if the prices on here are too expensive dont pay them!! i buy and sell a lot of VW parts on ebay and sometimes get flack from guys on VW forums but if i have to spend £2500 on a car to get a few rare parts then sell them on then eventually the whole car then whats the issue with that? if you want the parts cheap buy the car/bike!! i have the odd couple of grand to spend on things like that so i make things previously unavailible, availible on the market. thats my take on it :LOL:
BUT ill always pay top dollar for parts i cant find and really want it works both ways!

I agree with Bill on this ,i have had to buy and sell just to build my current[+ only] bike thats is my main form of transportation

Most of the stuff ive bought here and then either sold back to another member or punted on ebay for purely down to the fact ive been living on £45 per week for the last 7 months,there is so much that im sick at having to sell on .
Purple Cook Cranks[that cost £110 but i sold for a total of £90 or the

Amp F4 BLT forks that hooked me on retro,those were fu**ed when i first got them ,large sections broken or missing,one instead of two springs,that cost me about £160 to put back into fully working order ,then[again due to my finances] i sold them to another member for £115 posted and he's well chuffed
I didnt want to sell either but i needed lump sums to pay the bills

I had to try and find bargains that i could sell on to pay for the part i need and any money left, being used to keep me in food and heating through last winter.

Now that my income is more secure ,i intend to build and keep most of what i buy :D

WHAT YA GOT :D

Interesting, I hadn't even noticed it was 2007 until the last couple of posts.
And imho this easily could have been a 2009 thread, not much has changed.

The subject touches all who buy and sell on RB, and personally I'm more of a buyer and I've only sold a few items. And I have declined paying asking prices that I reckognised were hiked from previous trades on here or the bay. I sometimes did make an offer which seller in turn declined, that's the market at work for you. On the selling front some of the items I sold were bought new by me in the 90's or more recent and I try to agree a fair price. But parts that I bought here for retro builds went back in "the system" for the same price I paid or less.

I guess the acid test is when I get to do a spring clean of the cave or break up a build to fund the next project. I have not done this yet, I'm more of a hoarder. But as I spend more time here I'm sure I will struggle to remember all the prices and probably end up finding fair asking prices by searching the classified archives.

But most of all,

enjoy!!

I sell everything cheap....

In fact, I sell everything at a price that should sell rather than sitting there, Dr. Evil style, saying I want One Meeeeeeelion pounds for my white Porcs...

I have probably bought more than I have sold (infact looking in my bike cupboard, there is no probably about it!). I have Purchased items at what I consider to be high prices simply because I must have them for a build! Then again I have purchased items at bargain prices simply because they are bargains and I may find a build for them. That goes for this site and ebay.

However If I do manage to pick up a bargain on the bay at well below the price similar things are going for, I am affraid I will look to make something on it If/when I sell it.

So whose up for a £30 Sharkfin then? :twisted:

i didnt even see the date,it just seemed a relevant thread,due to the increase of bits and bobs recently

Must mean we rehash the same subjects time and time again :LOL: :LOL:

Back