What do the Glasses wearers do on a bike?

Do Oakley do inserts? I thought they were so mickey takingly expensive because its acually a prescription lens? Other than just being called Oakley of course.

the inserts look alright. don't they run a little close to the eye?

The short answer is no but that doesn't quite cover it. They do a straight insert which any optician can glaze. Depending on the strength of your prescription it might sit too close to the eye. I had to go for the curved insert to get around that problem but then a mad scientist in the Adidas factory in Austria had to distort my prescription to account for the curved insert. The adjusted prescription was then used for the lenses.

At my level of blindness nothing is easy. I can't find my bike without my glasses :D

For biking and other sports I use contact lenses and with them I'm able to use non-prescription sunglasses (Oakley Racing Jackets).

I just wear my normal glasses!

I do have a pair of 'sports' prescription glassed from Tesco opticians (£40) which are basic & only have one lens colour (mirrored & black tint) but they're ok in sunny conditions.

456889241_59f5670f79_b.jpg

I wear a pair of oakley toast glasses for driving:

Oakley_INTAKE_4.0_12-335

When I bought them (18 months ago) I was asking bout tinted lenses for them. Granted they were the opticians lenses over oakleys but frame and lenses would have been well under £200. I think I paid £140 for mine with clear lenses. I'll dig out who the optician was......

Try some contacts, you will never look back.. ahem.. pardon the pun! It may seem like an alien concept but once you are used to it you'll wonder why you ever doubted them. I use daily disposables from spec savers.. £12 a month for 10 pairs. This includes eye tests, contact lense check ups etc.. and they get posted to me every three months. This way you can wear any glasses with them without having to worry about inserts.

Don't dismiss them.. go for it! :shock: ;)

Back