Which Model of hope do you like best

I've only ever owned the Hope 4pot brakes. Not due to the extra power or modulation, but i like the look of them and i'm a tart :LOL:
The Hope XC4s now on the Bonty were brilliant. Lots of people didn't get on with them due to heat build up/lack of power compared to C2s. The Pro lever is a great shape, better than the Mono lever IMO. I've never been hard on brakes and never had issues with the 150/130mm rotors.
I put the XC4s on the Bonty and bought Hope Mono4s for the Klein Palomino, later the Yeti. Nice, more powerful than the XC4, but the lever wasn't as nice. They seem abit more finicky to set up than the XC4, more rotor drag too. They are now on the Raven, the rear needs adjusting again come to think of it.... :roll:

3269029129_25fe6940e9.jpg

3269011455_940eabd4d1_b.jpg

I've been running the Tech M4s for about a month or so now. Fab brakes, the best of the lot. Lever shape is spot on, lovely feel too. Lots of easy adjustment, plenty of power and they look bling :cool: There has been a lot said about the lack of compatibility with shifters, they didn't fit with my M952 XTRs, so i threw money at the problem, they work fine with the latest XTR :cool: :LOL: Easy to set up too.

3261352128_d3856dec34_b.jpg

3261369120_e4d712099a_b.jpg

I've ridden the C2 and Mini/Mono Minis and they are fine, its just the fact i'm tart means i've never bought any. I know plenty of riders who are happy with them though ;)

Mono M4's on my Kona winter bike - which I haven't ridden since last October :LOL: absolutlely bloody brilliant brakes. Best bit of the whole bike.

I use M4's and love em. I have Mini's on the hardtail and love them too. My mate has an M4 wth braided hose and floating caliper and that barely needs brushing to stop..

Tallpaul":1cdh3yxr said:
The older style (pre-200:cool: Mono Mini's I had were awful. They needed to be pumped up, leaked constantly and faded horribly; hated every moment of owning them.

New Mono M4's just work, faultlessly with phenomenal power and great feel (and they look cool).

I agree on the Mono Minis. They (old style but with goodrich braided hoses) are absolute crap in my experience with little to no modulation. I feel at times like there's 2 bits of 2 x 2 being pushed aganst the disk there's so little feel.

Not hope, and off topic, but the on loan Magura Louise carbons I have on another bike at the moment just blow them away in every department.

Back