MacRetro chat and rides thread

Blimey i'm soooooooooooooooooooo unfit, I can only dream of 34:18.

For Glentress tomorrow I'll be 24:15 or 1.6 to 1 :oops: . Hopefully will build up to 28:16 but I think thats as high as I'll get.

Apparently chains do not stretch, I have been told off for suggesting they do by some body on this site, they wear at the pins. Yeah right, thats bloody fast wear by anybodies standards :roll:

Chains must stretch or they wouldn't bother mentioning their tensile strength. Unfortunately this is the cost of SS ;)

Alpinestars now works brilliantly in SS mode but alas is not made of the Helium Alloy used for Gaz and Matts steeds. More of an aluminium/lead alloy, back to me being an unfit weakling I suppose :roll:

Also one day in the future may I suggest a mini meet at my gaff as I believe I have a great single track loop 2-3 times longer than Pollock with much more hills in my backyard. Woodland and coal bings at the back of my house have a big selection of quality track :D

Cheers

I think that can be arranged- would love to see your man cave ;)

I could even train it thru- save the planet and all that guff.

loved your AS frame (weight is all in your head- well unless you have a u-brake, or plough as they are known round these here parts), get some pictures up man- don't you know the rules- a picture is worth a thousand words.

wife is still upset about rangers defeat, so will get lots of quality time in the aforementioned man-cave :D

still good for tomorrow buddy?

the problem with half links is the design, the bend in the plates allow the chain to stretch. whereas this doesn't happen with flat regular chains... so there :roll:

u brake = extra training ;) :LOL: lots of extra

kaiser":1z5llcfz said:
the problem with half links is the design, the bend in the plates allow the chain to stretch. whereas this doesn't happen with flat regular chains... so there :roll:

they still look cool but after two rides is a bit of a pisser :evil:

have fun boys, take a camera and post up a report ;)

Nae pics of Glentress available as we were having far too much fun riding the trails and obstacles in the brilliant warm sunshine. :cool: :cool:

Alpinestars works brilliantly, gear ratio was right, canti brakes were as good as vees and didn't fade. Kaiser made me tackle dropoffs and I nailed a corner that usually upsets me :shock:

I did have a comedy low speed crash on a rock garden involving being bounced up in the air and missing the pedals on the way down :LOL:
Didn't catch my manhood but punched myself in the guts when I landed stomach first on the seat :roll:

Alas Kaiser proved himself the technically better rider again, nailing the box in the free ride park and leaving me in his dust on the final race to the bottom :roll:

Great fun :D :D :D

you too kind big buddy, velo trumped me on all the climbs :D ace day, great weather conditions and mixed up the day with a bit of skillz focus

also have some video evidence of retro drop off action ;) will see what I can do :D

looked out the window at work today and was very envious- sounds like a great day lads :cool: .

"drop off action" and "macretro meet" are two phrases that don't tend to come up very often ;) looking forward to the rushes.

Hail mighty clansmen of MacRetro.

A date has been proposed for the Yorkshire based Dirty Weekender

How does August 1-2 grab yer Sporrans??

Si

I'm in the dog house at the moment :evil: (Woman are a real PITA)- so will need to work some magic to arrange my pass, but in principal the date looks good.

Latest posts

Back