1992 Steve Potts Cross Country Racer

Awesome paint, nice looking frame, but the stem/bar combo leaves me cold. (yes I realise I could be put up against the wall and shot in some parts for saying it, but i'll stick by my conviction.)

i kinda agree with jerky. looks beautiful but the bar and stem are that bit too far out for my liking but i guess thats just the way its meant to be. how is it to ride off road? it just seems alien and is hard to imagine blasting some singletrack (not that i'm much of a blaster..) and trying to grab a handfull of brake

dave

kaiser":ebqh4ghq said:
That is quite wonderful :D , whats the story? Is it a resto? I noticed you said you've had it since new.

Thanks to all.

Nope, all original. Take a closer look at the top tube, you'll see a very close but not quite touch-up, the non drive side has some scrapes as well. This hasn't been my main ride for quite a few years but it does get out in the dirt.

lewis1641":3roag4ay said:
i kinda agree with jerky. looks beautiful but the bar and stem are that bit too far out for my liking but i guess thats just the way its meant to be. how is it to ride off road? it just seems alien and is hard to imagine blasting some singletrack (not that i'm much of a blaster..) and trying to grab a handfull of brake

dave

I can talk all day about the "feel" of drops off-road but you really have to experience them to truly appreciate 'em. Setup is key, the proper stem and bars are essential to making it work. They've been my preference for almost 20 years but I can definately see where folks might be put off.

JeRkY":1tgb2ip2 said:
Awesome paint, nice looking frame, but the stem/bar combo leaves me cold. (yes I realise I could be put up against the wall and shot in some parts for saying it, but i'll stick by my conviction.)

Thanks! With a fleet like yours, I'd say you know your way around the good stuff, no need for a firing squad! I've always had a thing for Pace rides, one of the VERY few alu bikes I've liked. :)

Ditto on the bamboo. Very nice. :cool:

I always liked those brakes... Just the right amount of silver twinkle, and the carmel bar wrap sets it off just right. :D

wow....mega cool paint job and great stem!!.....looks like it should be able to breath underwater!!!

Latest posts

Back