Computer Karma

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
As you all know - I get a lot of crap from my local recycling centre. ;)

I have nearly finished two desktop PCs

I've already done a good deal with swapping a laptop for bike parts, its just a thought but anyone need a Pentium 4 desktop PC with DVD-R/RW etc?

They'll have linux or XP (validated and up to date)

Just a punt...

Karma I use Vista and XP all day :twisted: :twisted: driving me MAD. If I could get hold of Billy Gates I would do some very 'nice' things to him with a nail gun for starters then work my way through the tool box :twisted: :twisted: Give me my Mac any day rant over :LOL:

Im looking for some advice on building a new gaming rig,how clued up on modern gaming builds are you LGF?
Based on a quad cpu with a XFX or BFG 8800gt gpu and a minimum of 4gb crucial or kingston ram
I think Gribble would be best to ask on this as he seems to be the only other obsessive gamer that plays my fav type of games ie. BF series,TFC/2 CS:S
im desperate to run crysis and the left4dead games

But i seem to remember you saying you're a bit of a gamer so id like to know what you think :?

My current rig is the only one of my 3 that hasnt blown up yet :LOL: :LOL:
P4 2.4ghz
sh*t m/board
512 Ram running at the blistering speed of 233mhz :shock:
passive cooled AGP ati gpu thats about 9 yrs old and was sh*t even then
cd rom
dvd rewriter[if you put a dvd and press run the whole system crashes so im scared to even touch it

dyna-ti":2zkgvweg said:
Im looking for some advice on building a new gaming rig,how clued up on modern gaming builds are you LGF?
Based on a quad cpu with a XFX or BFG 8800gt gpu and a minimum of 4gb crucial or kingston ram
I think Gribble would be best to ask on this as he seems to be the only other obsessive gamer that plays my fav type of games ie. BF series,TFC/2 CS:S

But i seem to remember you saying you're a bit of a gamer so id like to know what you think :?

Me? Games??? Noooooooo.... wrong Cheese, I havent played a computer game since an online vector graphic version of Tank Command.

Graphics card with as much fast memory as poss, and as much fast RAM as you can stuff your motherboard with

tintin40":scdug6eu said:
Karma I use Vista and XP all day :twisted: :twisted: driving me MAD. If I could get hold of Billy Gates I would do some very 'nice' things to him with a nail gun for starters then work my way through the tool box :twisted: :twisted: Give me my Mac any day rant over :LOL:

vista is useless :x
XP works ,is stable and will run anything you throw at it [with some added software here + there :D ]
With mac your paying £1600 for their gaming rig which will only run 10% of current games :?
On a Win' system you can build a better faster rig that will run ANY game for under £500
MACs were always the pro's choice for Media ,music and sound design but thats too niche a market
Funny that all the people i know that use mac for their music ,use Windows to game on

dyna-ti":r8wvc7ki said:

My current rig is the only one of my 3 that hasnt blown up yet :LOL: :LOL:
P4 2.4ghz
sh*t m/board
512 Ram running at the blistering speed of 233mhz :shock:
passive cooled AGP ati gpu thats about 9 yrs old and was sh*t even then
cd rom
dvd rewriter[if you put a dvd and press run the whole system crashes so im scared to even touch it

Im a gamer, my Rig was built a year ago but is still more than capable of anything thats current. (Left 4 Dead is awesome by the way, when you get it, i'll have a game with you)

Spec is:

Intel quad core 6600
Nvidia 8800GTX
2gb Ram (should really go for 4gb though)
and 500GB HDD
Fancy case and a decent PSU (dont skimp on the PSU if it goes down, it takes the rest of the system to the parts shop in the sky with it.)

Ive probably had it 12-14mnths and it cost me a bargain £550 to build at the time. Obviously it will cost less now.

My advice would be to go Nvidia, to go Intel, and to go 4 GB.

have you looked into overclocking dyna ?

if i gave a toss about games anymore id be speccing something cheap based on slightly old overclockers recommendations

perry":1lg5lfbi said:
have you looked into overclocking dyna ?

if i gave a toss about games anymore id be speccing something cheap based on slightly old overclockers recommendations

Thats the main reason theres 2 blown systems in my spare room :LOL: :LOL:

I like the look of the modern rigs with their overclocking wizards saves my from breaking it by overclocking too much

Best with a rebuild,i think,jerkys set-up is identical to what i think id use
can i ask you jerky what motherboard you've based that around?
And thanks very on the psu heads up,i didnt think to include it in my plans.
And yeah ,Intel with nvidia and a shed load of ram[standard ram has a clock speed 4 times what im currently using :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ]

Cant wait for that L4D :D

er... back to my request gentlemen :LOL:

I will have an E-Machines Celeron (2.3) and a rebuilt HP desktop (P4 of some kid)

legrandefromage":ntea9sef said:
er... back to my request gentlemen :LOL:

I will have an E-Machines Celeron (2.3) and a rebuilt HP desktop (P4 of some kid)

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Really sorry LGF thats all my fault im hijacking again :roll:

On the bright side, its got the post going :D

Back