1992 Dynatech (Yes - the one that hasn't snapped yet!)

I believe from a work associated that McDonald Cycles in Edinburgh have a brand new Dynatech with 2070 tubes and the larger cast lugs, ie the non ti-version.

It is hanging up in the shop and is for sale.

cdaimers":my1szdew said:
I believe from a work associated that McDonald Cycles in Edinburgh have a brand new Dynatech with 2070 tubes and the larger cast lugs, ie the non ti-version.

It is hanging up in the shop and is for sale.

WOW! My old bike! Amazing...

**looks for phone**

Dynatech MT4

Just stumbled across this forum, great to see some of the old Dynatechs again. I bought the MT4 frame in the picture for £500 in the early 90's with Rock Shox (the old air-oil type, can't remember the model). The MT4 was the all titanium "top of the shop" model. I built it up with XT and XTR group with the exception of the SDP's. USE seat post, zoom stem and Flite saddle finished it off. I loved it so much at the time I had two sets of Mavic 231 wheels built so I had a road set with a nice close block and an off road set too. I had a Dynatech racer at the time as well but I was faster on the MT4! Still ride it today although I have noticed a crack in the fork yokes which is getting worse, along with the savage pain of the Flite saddle on my 40 year old back side! Still a good looking bike after all these years though.......

Attachments

• DSCF0306.JPG
    DSCF0306.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,681
Love that, I really want a Dynatech, its the last bike thats 'on my list' before I move on to exotic stuff!

Yup! That's the one I want! :D

Looking good, those are Mag20's I'd imagine (Raleigh bought a shed load off Rock Shox when the Mag 21 came out).

Looking really nice!

Glad you like the bike guys, and thanks for the reminder about the Rock Shox! Thought I would put a view of the bike from the other side on too if you are interested.

Attachments

• DSCF0302.JPG
    DSCF0302.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,726
Hi there all,

I have an old DYNATECH Voyager its still kicking about in my garage, i bought it new, it was the first "proper" mountain bike i bought brand new.

It has the large lugs and and was maroon and silver frame, it still has the original rigid forks.

I have spent most of my time recently building a GT LTS 1000 frame i bought NOS from San Francisco and got imported into the UK( in a thread here too .

I was wondering if it is worth doing a restoration job on as it has a dent in the downtube and i also have a Chas Roberts white spider comp as a frame too i was thinking about restoring also.

I remember it cane with Campagnola groupset on with these crazy bullet shifters, which were like gripshifters except they were the whole grip wide.
i remember replacing them V. quickly as they changed gear every time i hit a stone on the trail. replaced them with campy thumbies instead.

I will try and dig it out the garage and post some pics of the frame and forks and see what you guys think.
Spline72

Update on my MT4....

Just had it serviced by the original supplying dealer (Kendell Cycles, Castleford) - its had a new headset fitted, cones tightened and a good all-round service...

So, 13 yrs old and counting... and still going strong!! Even if a lot has been replaced as its worn out over the years...

For kit fiends, I built it up originally with:

RockShox Mag 30s (since replaced with Marzocci bombers)
XT throughout - thumbshifters of course, plus cranks, F / R mechs, brakes - still going strong! (bar the rear mech which wore out)
Mavic 231 (?) rims on XT Hubs, with panaracer smoke & dart tyres - (though now on new Mavic rims / Hope hubs)
Hope gold titanium seat post
Flite carbon saddle (remember them??? Until it broke off mid ride, meaning a 5m ride back standing up...now fitted with an SLR XP
Titanium bottle cages - 20g each, weight fiends!!
XT SPDs

Anyone know of an MT4 for sale? I need another one.... or two!!

Ants... if you look closely at the photo right at the top of this thread, there's a little red and gold sticker on the top end of the downtube - guess what it says? Kendell Cycles!!

Small world isn't it :D

Bloody 'ell..... deffo a small world!

When i bought my frame & forks I only went in to Kendalls to buy an innertube for my road bike....and ended up going home with the MT4....lol

Within 6 months I had taken it back and was choosing bits to build it up - inc weighing some components to see which were lighter! Hence the carbon saddle, titanium bottle cages....heh heh....

Gaz Proud & Andy Bennison at Kendalls are responsible for emptying my bank account on a regular basis over the years....and don't even start me on my Hotta TT700.... ;-)

Back