job help

perry

Retrobike Rider
been forwarded an application for trainee vehicle/plant technician

as far as i can work out its servicing the fleet of cars/vans and larger plant they use and i know id be able to quickly learn whats needed but theres a question i can think of an answer for

"What interests you in working for Anglian Water in this particular role?"

cant get past the "need money , be ace at it" :LOL:

anyone have any words/sentances ? i only really need a paragraphs worth

I'm keen to broaden my mechanical experience...blah...blah.
You know the sort of thing, not what you want to say, but what they want to hear. ;)

So what you're trying to say is you feel you would thrive in this environment and are keen on learning new skills and becoming part of the Anglian Water team?

i hate those questions!

i always put something like:-

i need a new challenge and this looks quite technical and i would like to improve my skills in this area.

that sort of thing. CV style bullshit! i always think they don't read what you write they just want to know that you can actually string a sentence together that sounds sensible. preferably with no spelling and grammer mistakes, for CV's i always get the dictionary out coz i know my spelling can be crap.

in my last interview it was quite obvious i was there for the money, the interviewer knew it and asked why i applied, i said "being honest this is not what i want to do but i have hit a point where if i don't make a jump in career and money i will never beable to afford my own house, i work hard and can be trained and you will be happy with my performance"

he pretty much said on the spot when can you start?

good luck :D

great stuff :D

just the inspiration i needed what do you think of

"Having spent 15 years building and maintaining bicycles both as a pastime and professionally as well as upgrading and maintaining my classic cars id like to expand my experience in a more dynamic aspect and believe id thrive in this role ."

good enough ?

this is only one of many questions too :(

i'd replace "i'd" with "i would", never use shortened words in a CV, other than that i would say it looks fine

:oops: good point , ive gotten so used to typing on forums that im not very used to using correct grammar

just submitted it . doesnt end until the start of may and i dont think the other position i applied for has closed yet :LOL:

Latest posts

Back