radio 2 now ( if you can )

perry

Retrobike Rider
jeremy vines show , should people on bikes get more compensation in a crash if they had a helmet than those who didnt

can be found on the iplayer

If the crash is not their fault then shouldn't make any difference.

And until the law is changed then I wont be wearing a lid. Then I may just stop cycling

exactly how i feel tintin

if youve been run over youve been run over regardless of what you have on your head

this was discussed on bikeradar and i think someone mentoned it had become mandatory to have a helmet in some parts of australia and many just gave up riding , so funnily enough the injuries went down :roll:

i dont ride in cycle paths if i can help it , the road is for riding , not a coloured bit of path

perry":s1loef14 said:
i dont ride in cycle paths if i can help it , the road is for riding , not a coloured bit of path

So true too. But at least if there is a 'lane' for us then when it gets to court they can ask the driver what were you doing driving in the lane? Just an added extra to use against the driver :D every little helps

I wear a helmet because it might save my life... it might not make any difference... but it might, too.

Might stop a cracked skull in a small off too - seen that too many times.

I, too, avoid cycle paths though because they're not cycle paths. They're pedestrian, dog and lamp post paths first before cyclists get a look in :evil:

drivers tend to take extra care when avoiding cyclists WITHOUT helmets, less care around those that are wearing one...

Back