Muddy Fox Courier Prestige

Super :cool: , I have'nt seen another for a long time, Very underated bike in my opinion. Love the wishbone seatstays and the internally routed stem. Got mine of a guy who said he paid 700 quid new for it! You will love it proper arse in the air fast racer style mtb. Looking forward to your build so i can maybe nick some ideas of ya :LOL: Think i want some irc's and black rims already! Heres mine.
000_0477.jpg

pistol13":li4s5uzw said:
Super :cool: , I have'nt seen another for a long time, Very underated bike in my opinion. Love the wishbone seatstays and the internally routed stem. Got mine of a guy who said he paid 700 quid new for it! You will love it proper arse in the air fast racer style mtb. Looking forward to your build so i can maybe nick some ideas of ya :LOL: Think i want some irc's and black rims already! Heres mine.

Very nice, i'll be joining you with a Rolls on mine too :D

Cool !
I own a 100% original 1990 Courier Comp with Tange Infinity DB tubeset. It's not light at 13.5 kg but I love it for its green color and its kind of rarity here in France.
What's the tubeset and weight of the Courier Prestige ?

karlomanx":8bwke5ge said:
Cool !
I own a 100% original 1990 Courier Comp with Tange Infinity DB tubeset. It's not light at 13.5 kg but I love it for its green color and its kind of rarity here in France.
What's the tubeset and weight of the Courier Prestige ?

get some pictures up :D the bikes still to be stripped and cleaned etc so I'll try to remeber to weigh the F+F

kaiser":iv1wwooa said:
Thanks folks :D Completed pics to follow :oops:

Reanimation, yup the one from xeo

Dan regular droputs, gonn ahave to find some kind of tensioning method

Neil 90 sounds a good place to start, still to do the research :D

Sure that's a '90 frame

I had a '90 Courier comp and it had the same pawprints on the toptube, Pathfinder blue that year had the same too

Can't remember what was top of the range that year but think it was fillet brazed with XC Pro, could be wrong though.

Neil G":3arbp6m5 said:
kaiser":3arbp6m5 said:
Thanks folks :D Completed pics to follow :oops:

Reanimation, yup the one from xeo

Dan regular droputs, gonn ahave to find some kind of tensioning method

Neil 90 sounds a good place to start, still to do the research :D

Sure that's a '90 frame

I had a '90 Courier comp and it had the same pawprints on the toptube, Pathfinder blue that year had the same too

Can't remember what was top of the range that year but think it was fillet brazed with XC Pro, could be wrong though.

Its been tricky finding any catalogues, theres a few on the site but none from 90. Will maybe have to try some mags. There was a couple of members had some muddy fox stuff so I'll maybe om them too :D As it is 90 sounds good to me ;)

These bikes came with suntour xce kit. The cranks been unusual in that the ring are mounted from the rear leaving a flush spider like mavic star road stuff. Also worth noting is that the whole group been labeled xce but the cranks are made by sakae the brakes by diacompe leaving only the mechs(rear mech xcsport) and x-press shifters made by suntour. hubs are sansin(suntour) with araya rx7 rims. I always find it crazy with so many brand names been produced by the same company if you know what i mean! Would love to see a catologue pic

I do remember Muddy Fox advertising prolifically so there must be something out there. They always had a full page ad in the mag that was before Cycling plus, though I can't remember the name of it.

Back