Dynatech MT4

kd498

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
IMGP1099.jpg

This one was mine.
Now frame is stripped bare of rattle can paint and components.
Presently promised to Stick Legs.
Had not planned on selling, having just found 34:14 to be the magic ratio, but i needed some excuse to swap over to the Nitanium Rockhopper Comp. I am just not kind enough to keep a bike like this for too long. Belongs to someone who really wants it.
I could not decide on it's true identity, as the buils below show. That was 3 in a year.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/k ... GP0819.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/k ... GP0337.jpg
IMGP1362.jpg
[/url]

Oh yeah, you'd better belive it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've been grinning like a village full of idiots since I agreed that!

Now, to plot the build, hahAHAHA!!! :twisted:

Kieran,

You will be pleased to hear the build spec for the Dyna Tech...

Rigid forks, Tange Big Fork or similar.
1992/3 Deore XT Rear mech, Front mech, Hubs, Brakes, Thumb Shifters, SPD's.
Control Tech seat post and stem (black) Bar ends (not decided colour yet).
Shimano cartrige head set and bottom bracket.
Mavic rims, IRC Notos XC 1.9" tyres.
Vetta SL saddle.
XLite cam locks wheel QR's and bottle boss bolts to match Bar ends.
Ti flat bars.
12-23 7 speed block.

I still have the bluey grey ti Dyna Tech chain ring bolts and I have secured some NOS Dyna Tech stickers for the respray that Argos will do.

I am really tempted to have it painted to match my road bike...

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4,454
I was flicking through some photo's of Cyclex 1991, and came across one I took of David Bakers blue and yellow team bike...it had a BP sticker on the bottom and the guy on the stand said it was a metal matrix composite, not titanium...does that sound right?

Yes, absolutely. the MMC was avalible to the public as the MT5.

Very light and stiff. Also about £1100 new so very few were sold. Would you really have a Dyna Tech over a Pace or a Vitamin T for instance?

Cool bike but I dislike the team colour schemes. Give me silver main tubes anyday ;)

Yeah, very true, in fact I don't think I saw anyone apart from the Raleigh Team ride them...oh, no sorry, Dave Smith the fitness guru was spotted riding one in the 1991 Malvern Hills Classic video...heh heh, I'm so sad! :oops:

In fact, going on Team bikes..I don't think the Peugeot Team bikes got about much with the public (although the bikes Tim/Fred/Nick were actually riding were Ritchey P21's or somefink? :? )

Rich

I knew someone who had a MT5, chainstays were a little flexy, probably the reason why the team bikes were built with cromo stays.

I do remember the uber cool trimnell forks, they were ahead of there time. The guy swapped them for some RC30's and a ti flex stem, oh those were the days.

cdaimers":1nexjzgm said:
I knew someone who had a MT5, chainstays were a little flexy, probably the reason why the team bikes were built with cromo stays.

I do remember the uber cool trimnell forks, they were ahead of there time. The guy swapped them for some RC30's and a ti flex stem, oh those were the days.

I've still got an MT5, which must hold some sort of record for using the most different meterials in one frame - metal matrix main tubes, alu lugs, ti and cromo rear triangle. It is v light but head angle is very slack so needs a short stem and def no suspension! Ride is very plush tho, so dont really need it.

Back