GT RTS 2 - finished

stu76

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've posted some pics of my GT RTS in the Gallery, I'm pretty pleased with it and just wondered what you people thought?

It started life as an 1993/4 RTS 2 which I picked up in shabby condition. I had it stripped and powder coated and have built it up using parts from my bits box, ebay, here and some very kind donations from friends. I have done this on a very tight budget so not used period parts etc, and I fully intend to use it (hence the V's!).

This is my first project bike so it has also been a steep learning curve! There are still a few bits I'd like to change, time and money depending but as it stands it rides well and I think it looks good.

main.php

Looks good and built for a purpose :cool:

Did you fit new bushes etc?

Does it make any random noises?

No I have left the bushings in place as they feel OK to me, once I'd tightened everything up that its, it was as if it was all put together hand tight when I got it. Once I've ridden it a bit more I may feel the need to though...

No strange noises as yet, a few clunks but I believe that's to be expected!?!

looks purposefull. like the grey (or is it silver?) paint too. nice to see something other than polished ali (despite mine being polished!)

Thanks Lewis1641 - I was told that the colour was titanium (simlar to its original colour), and it looked it too on the tester card! It's come out more battleship grey, but it still looks good, plus they did me a good deal so I didn't complain.

Incidentaly this has also been a budget build, cost so far £151. Mostly thanks to some very generous donations of parts and bits I already had.

Back