Digital Camera Reccomendations

I bought a Kodak Easyshare DX6490 about 5 years ago, it's only 4mp and a little big (which means I won't lose the darn thing!! Lol!!), it cost me about £200 then, so they're bound to be cheaper and probably better by now.

I've also got a small (pink!!) Samsung D1070, which is apparently 10mp and a load of other features that I don't know how to use, which cost me £60 at Xmas.

Out of the two ... the Kodak one takes far better pictures, the Kodak software is easier to use on the laptop than the Samsung stuff, so I guess you get what you pay for!!

Have you tried the Which? website? http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/digital-cameras

Good luck with your search!!

Check out this website for really good reviews of all the digital cameras on sale----www.Steves-Digicams.com. --Also check out the review of the Nikon P80. Pat

Thank you all for your comments.

Over the weekend I have heard nothing but praise for the TZ5.

I will read through the links above etc and update on my decision.

Cheers folks.

(I am a bit surprised that no one made the "digital?" comment - this is a retro forum after all!)

well i suppose the obvious reason here is that old digcams are crap
i had one years ago that would only capture a usable image in bright sunshine!
its almost like it was solar powered :roll:

the TZ5 does it all really in a small package with a decent lens that lets you shoot wider than most plus an excellent zoom (28mm to 280mm)
the video capture is pretty good too.

i'd wait until the TZ7 is released & available ( which is soon ) & prices will tumble ;)

another review with the TZ5 here-

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408enthusiastgroup/

Retro, well digital cameras have been around since the late 70's (apparently) started consumer inroads in the 80's ... blah blah (wikipedia probably has a lot of history in minute detail on this).

I know I was using the Apple QuickTake I think model 100 ( back in ~1994 , quick search, http://www.mrmartinweb.com/digital.html )

So perfectly retro to use a digital camera, just I wouldn't buy a retro one for everyday use ;) The is more than likely a RetroDigitalCamera site... :LOL:

actually there s the Minox Leica M3

a modern 5mp digicam styled like the classic Leica M3 rangefinder but miniaturised :LOL:

pretty funky looking :cool:

IMG_7919-minox.jpg

pretty retro, in the styling at least :D

Using a Lumix at the moment and are pretty happy with it, battery live isn't as long as my Canon ixus.
My next camera will probably be a Canon powershot G10, first G-serie with a wide angle, incredibly sturdy build with retro looks :D
g10top.jpg

00580_canon-g10.jpg

Camera

I haven't got a Digital Camera as such - but my new phone is a LG Renoir - 8 MP camera, Radio, GPS, Mp3 player, Browser. It also makes phone calls. On 3's texter plan I get 200 mins calls, unlimited texts and unlimited internet - £25 per month. It comes with 16 gig memory card. It seems to take pretty good pictures.

Back