MacRetro chat and rides thread

Due to weejee fitbaw and me being a lazy person, I'll not be at Pollock. :roll:

Slowly building SS for Glentress on Tuesday.

No interesting Suntour kit at the charity bike shop but on a recent theme saw a rather nice Muddy Fox Sorcerer frame and fork plus a couple of Marins.

Also no sign of Dave, maybe he's deed :shock:

Begining to look like McRetro is the rallying point for Retro SS riders at Dalby :D

Cheers

Velo what are you building SS? still have the Stumpie no?

ps poor dave he was awright tae :cry:

Kaiser,

Still have Stumpy and its the back up SS as I know it works.

Alpinestars ASR320 is getting the SS treatment with my other set of Ballistic forks. I may try my ghost gear tensioner idea on this running 28/16 which is 1.75 : 1 as I'm not fit enough for 2 : 1 at race pace. Trying to set up with cross style canti's for max braking whilst still being period correct ie not V-brakes. 28 tooth front chainring is biopace ;)

Looks good and feels right plus geometry is modern enough for modern trails. We should ride a bit of the fun park to get the hang of technical stuff and a bit of black trail, Dalby is going to be tough for folk at our level.

Velo

Have you guys got your SS entries in yet? Rode out with Gil today and the entries are coming in thick and fast- don't miss out guys!!

We did the route survey for day one of the Dirty Weekender today- you'd better dig out your climbing pants :shock:

MacSi

climbing is my fav but as long as there is some black jacks in it for me. the clan macretro are all pretty much reg. ac and dhdave are maybes so will be a large contingent of red wigs and pale limbs- what you riding?

clockworkgazz":3szl0fsv said:
climbing is my fav but as long as there is some black jacks in it for me. the clan macretro are all pretty much reg. ac and dhdave are maybes so will be a large contingent of red wigs and pale limbs- what you riding?

Oh no, single speed? Not for me chaps! Might go down for the craic but I won't be riding.

Si

Dr S":3ggwvn1o said:
clockworkgazz":3ggwvn1o said:

Oh no, single speed? Not for me chaps! Might go down for the craic but I won't be riding.

Si

Go on go on go on :D whats the worst that can happen

Had a great ride up at pollok- they have repaired some sections which makes it faster and there is a very small but fun jump style section- not so much fun with the rigid dale :shock: . The ewok forrest bit has been hacked away so is much more open, but this might look better when the leaves come back?

Did find out that my chain has slackened, so had a few chainslips on the steep uphills (I have a sore knee now), so will need to mess with the ratio's or a tensioner might have to be used :(

Well worth getting out there again, will try and go every weekend as part of the training for Dalby.

Enjoy your day at glentress boys take some pictures for the rest of us working 9-5 types.

Dr S

Attachments

• 747243367_l.jpg
    747243367_l.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 321
Gaz, just fit a tensioner and be done with it, takes the hassle out :D

Mephistopholes, Beelzebub and Cantilever yes cantilever the devils closest familiar. Finally got a set of those buggers fitted to the SS for Dalby, Kaiser need not spit the words V-brakes :shock: at me on Tuesday. I've even got them to work !

I'll try and get to Pollock a couple more times before Dalby but I suspect the ME will stop me reaching race fitness. Anyway its the taking part that counts :LOL:

Cheers All

velomaniac":3cu5tuqx said:
Gaz, just fit a tensioner and be done with it, takes the hassle out :D

Mephistopholes, Beelzebub and Cantilever yes cantilever the devils closest familiar. Finally got a set of those buggers fitted to the SS for Dalby, Kaiser need not spit the words V-brakes :shock: at me on Tuesday. I've even got them to work !

I'll try and get to Pollock a couple more times before Dalby but I suspect the ME will stop me reaching race fitness. Anyway its the taking part that counts :LOL:

Cheers All

you are right velo, but it looks so much nicer without one ;)

Cantis work well but for how long, my lx's canti's were the mutts nuts at the start of my ride and ended up very soft by the end- I am tempted by v's for dalby but keep at me cause in my heart I know I should keep the canti's.

Back