1992 GT Zaskar LE - Updated 14/3

Pickle":22ycrxov said:
The bike is a stunning ride; light, agile, a real single track screamer yet supprisingly comfy :cool:

They are nice aren't they :)

The comfort thing has always intrigued me, given the fact that they are a stiff oversized aluminium frame, trail shock does not seem as harsh as it should. I think that the triple triangle design spreads the shocks from the rear wheel more evenly over the back end of the bike and up into the top tube rather than a normal design which would send shocks straight up the seatstay and put more through the post and thus the riders backside.

I'd love to know the actual technical reasons behind the TT design.. Anyone here know?

Pickle":1qqc1jkl said:
Now, what to do next?? Hmmmm......

Black seatpost... (ideally Syncros)

And I'd leave off the WTB tyres - they are too new for the rest of it anyway, and I think the blackwalls look great on Zaskars, especially with silver rims. Black rims and then maybe the skinwalls, but as they from a few years later then I'd go with a modern tyre that works really well.

(but then I never liked Velocirapters)

Black onza bar-ends would be nice...

really great bike now though - love it (just got to finish mine one day)

Si F

Update:

Black inline seatpost fitted, along with some gil_m period correct decals.

Loads of elbow grease on the frame, and we are ready for MM09 :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2148.JPG
    DSCN2148.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCN2147.JPG
    DSCN2147.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCN2145.JPG
    DSCN2145.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCN2144.JPG
    DSCN2144.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 609
daj":1qi1rlzp said:
Stunning matey :cool:

Cheers :D

I am thinking about putting some period correct skinwalls on, but also think the blackwalls work with black decals and bar/stem/seatpost combo.......

I dunno.......

hmmmmm?

Back